New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hingi lang ako opinion nyo reg my car's electrical problem.. early this morning kasi bigla nlang ayaw gumana ng mga electrical parts nung kotse.. i was at idle when the head unit suddenly turned off. akala ko fuse lang nasira so pinabayaan ko nlang.. then after a few minutes, the wipers suddenly stopped working( it was turned on since it was raining). right after the wipers failed, napansin ko na humina na rin yung mga ilaw sa dashboard as well as the headlights, as if its running on weak battery. so i drove home with no lights, wipers, and airconditioning on.. i was still able to drive about 5km going home. after ko mag park, i turned off the engine, let it cool down, then after 30 mins, tnry ko ulit i-start. at this time, ok na ulit yung mga indicator lights sa dashboard and the radio too.. but the problem is AYAW MAGSTART! noticeably, iba na yung tunog ng redondo. mas mabilis na yung ikot ng starter, then after a few tries, wala nang redondo. ano kaya problem mga sir? car is a honda civic esi....

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wickednasty View Post
    Hingi lang ako opinion nyo reg my car's electrical problem.. early this morning kasi bigla nlang ayaw gumana ng mga electrical parts nung kotse.. i was at idle when the head unit suddenly turned off. akala ko fuse lang nasira so pinabayaan ko nlang.. then after a few minutes, the wipers suddenly stopped working( it was turned on since it was raining). right after the wipers failed, napansin ko na humina na rin yung mga ilaw sa dashboard as well as the headlights, as if its running on weak battery. so i drove home with no lights, wipers, and airconditioning on.. i was still able to drive about 5km going home. after ko mag park, i turned off the engine, let it cool down, then after 30 mins, tnry ko ulit i-start. at this time, ok na ulit yung mga indicator lights sa dashboard and the radio too.. but the problem is AYAW MAGSTART! noticeably, iba na yung tunog ng redondo. mas mabilis na yung ikot ng starter, then after a few tries, wala nang redondo. ano kaya problem mga sir? car is a honda civic esi....

wickednasty,
    let's start from the very basic. check the battery terminal connections and check the fusible links that feed circuits other than the T-30 of the cranking system. these fusible links or autolink fuses as the plug-in circuit protection, feed the illumination, cranking system, engine control system, body control systems, entertainment systems. chances are that the battery terminals are corroded and have too much voltage drop under load. measure voltage between the battery post and the battery clamps. mere voltage alone without the circuit loaded is just battery surface voltage
    jick

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hmmmm... nung nagdridrive ka ba eh nag CEL ang sasakyan mo? i mean, check engine lights? kasi nangyari na eto sa akin na biglang CEL tapos unti unti nawala ang radio, busina, ilaw and sad to say, itinirik ako at hindi ko mapaandar. i ended up buying a new battery pero hindi battery ang problema. so punta ako sa electrical shop para ipa-check ang aking alternators. at yun nga ang problema, busted rotor. so most likely, alternator ang problema mo sir... have it checked sa trusted mong electrical shop.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    while driving, naka on yung Check battery light sa gauge and naka ilaw. while when trying to start the engine, magreredondo, then mawawala tapos yung Check Engine Light naman eh naka light up na rin together with the Check Battery.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wickednasty View Post
    while driving, naka on yung Check battery light sa gauge and naka ilaw. while when trying to start the engine, magreredondo, then mawawala tapos yung Check Engine Light naman eh naka light up na rin together with the Check Battery.

wickednasty,
    have your charging system assessed. start with the drive belt, battery, connections/wiring, then have a momentary full field alternator test to see if it is putting out satisfactorily. if the alternator is about five years old, suspect the carbon brushes to be worn.
    jick

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    follow sir jick's advise. that is the best thing you should do and its positive na alternator ang problema mo based sa kwento mo

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    thanks sa reply mga sir.. i'll have my alternator checked tomorrow... sa tingin ko nga mukhang alternator nga tlga problema.. nakalimutan ko i-mention sa kwento ko, bago nga tuluyang nawala yung mga electrical components ng kotse, i heard a grinding sound under the hood.. parang two metals na nagkikiskisan.. alternator na nga kaya yun? assuming na yung alternator na nga yung bumigay, may iba pa kayang components na pwedeng nadamay na dapat ko rin ipa-check? like wirings, starter, fuses, etc?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ok na... alternator nga... my old one got busted... had it replaced with a reconditioned unit instead of having my old one repaired.. less hassle... thanks sa replies mga sir..

Electrical Problem!! Please help....