New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    need help with my corona 96. the fuse in the engine compartment labeled "AM2" melted the other day. ano kaya ito? the electrician (sa tabi-tabi) didn't know what this was too. he just changed the fuse and that's it. i'll be going to baguio soon so gusto ko sana mapa-ayos sa ok na electrician. any suggestions? hassle sa casa - mahal i'm sure. thanks!!!:D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    suggestion pre. take it to a reputable electrician. mahirap masunugan while on a long road trip. nothing pays to be sure pre. normally, pag nasusunog ang fuse, may short circuit yan eh.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    fusible link tawag dyan, normally put on large ampere connections from/to the battery. since '96 pa car mo and di ka pa siguro nagpalit kahit minsan ng fuses mo, then it may just have run out of it's useful life kaya nasunog.

if you can get hold of a clamp ammeter, measure the current running through that line. if the ampere reading is below the fusible link rating then there's nothing to worry about. if it is higher then have an electrician look at it again.

do i need say that the clamp ammeter must be set for reading DC ampere? sana naman hindi na. otherwise you will really have to see an electrician.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    happy_gilmore and yebo, thanks! any sugestions for good electricians? casa na lang ba talaga?

electrical - melting fuse