New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Not really. I Just was pointing out my opinion with regards to labor costs. Kc diode would cost 15 php or zeners maybe 50php. Transistor packs 300php if you can get via ebay or other sources. programmable ICs is 25$~50$. If its a rare SMD IC yes.. Okay 10k~20k. It's kinda awkward making 10k for cheap parts. Unless it's you state it as a rebuild PC board.. Meaning every single IC,passive devices, and transistors involved..

Let's say fixing 2 Ecus per day..

10k~20k X 20 days a week.. That's 200k~400k alone on labor profit

Good business I dare say.

I fix and program my own ECUs. But then again these are just simple OBD1s from old civics...

FYI.. In ebay there are lots of rebuilded ECUs...
    The expensive rebuilds are lets say from Jaguar cars.. 389$. Thats 18k REBUILD! This means everything gets replaced inside.

Porsche 911 ECU repair would cost 375$ that's roughly 18k din fully rebuild. Pero these are expensive cars db. hehe.

Common rebuilds are ranging from 40$~80$ for stock cars or depending on the vehicle. Just to inform public. You need a paypal and you need to pay shipping fees which might cost you 3k~5k. But in general it is obviously cheaper in the states hehe.

Price idea lang naman. Take no offense to it. Wasn't familiar with the prices kc locally.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is the Philippines and most people would get surplus ECUs from banawe or similar. Unfortunately with the recent floods in Metro Manila and places in Luzon, those supplies are long used up and resupply will be weeks to months away.

Alternative is to buy brand new but price is expensive. P50,000 to P120,000

You have to remember, these cars are a mixed set from the basic EFI to modern closed loop EFI systems. Any of them will not do well with water. Rust will destroy connections. Chances are the damage will NOT be limited to diodes since many cars were left with their batteries connected until it died. There is a bigger chance that some of the IC chips got toasted as well.

There are even cars that conk out a month or more after the floods because of delayed damage done by the floods (corrosion spreading through the ECU's connections).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you think you can offer a better deal, why not come down here and open a shop? At least that would help more people than your "price comparison" post.

Why not also do a price comparison for cars sold here and in the USA? You'll be surprised how expensive cars are here.

http://www.auto-searchphilippines.com/

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Yup okay. You got a point good point there with the dying supplies. I don't have any intentions opening up a car shop or ECU electronics repair.

As I said it's good business and a good opportunity. There is nothing bad in doing so and it's not like most people have a choice anyway.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ??? nice article
    Last edited by topgun; June 9th, 2010 at 04:24 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by topgun View Post
    ??? nice article
    ??? changed your mind? I saw the original response.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Parang gusto ko na rin gumawa ng mga ECU. Maganda kita. I have already background with microprocessor controlled devices. Saan kaya makabili ng diagnostic tools para sa ECU?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    thanks for the info...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Hindi maganda sumagot ang mga tao dito... Parang BASTOS kausap, di pa ako natatapos magtanong binababa na yung phone. Kay BASTOS!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by X-salta View Post
    Hindi maganda sumagot ang mga tao dito... Parang BASTOS kausap, di pa ako natatapos magtanong binababa na yung phone. Kay BASTOS!
    Sinabi mo pa. Haha

#Retzing

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
ECU Repair * Speedlab