New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Do you think it's possible to do it on all cars?

http://www.bimmerdiy.com/diy/e36startbutton/

Is there someone who can install? or is there a kit?

Thanks!
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The page shows a mod for Start-only button. That is indeed easy.

A Start/Stop button is rather more difficult but probably easiest to implement with a tiny microcontroller.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    yes its possible, actually diy lang ng father in law ko sa daihatsu pick up niya. nasira kasi ang ignition key then at that time wala siyang nakita replacement part then he bought push button switch na lang, everytime he turn on the key tsaka niya ipress ang switch.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Will it start even without the key? If so, that's bad. If not, care to show us more?
    iam3739.com

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    make sure na i tap before the neutral safety switch para safe .

hindi iistart when on gears or without pressing the clutch pedal even when the ignition is ON

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    Will it start even without the key? If so, that's bad. If not, care to show us more?
    need pa din ng key to turn it on, for security purpose din. the only thing na naka switch button is the starting of engine.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i'll keep an eye on this interesting thread
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hmmm start/stop button like motorcycles? cool. but i read in topgear, calling the start/stop button of the BMW 320D, "a dash of german sillyness" and that it's useless pampagulo :rofl:

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hmmm... Now where can I buy a Start Button here?
    iam3739.com

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

The start button described here is more like a one-time-shot switch (that is permanently open), similar to doorbell switches. It is on the low current side of the circuit, as it activates a relay, so there should be no real issue on the spec, I think. I am sure that a lot of electronic stores has something similar or equivalent. It is now just up to you which one is aesthetically acceptable.

7303:soda:

DIY - Start/Stop Button