Quote Originally Posted by boydapa View Post
It's cool mode. The headlight automatically dims when you turn the aircon in order to give you that false illusion that the cabin temperature is also getting cooler

;)
Too early for April Fools. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by amtorralba View Post
E papano po kung yung headlight ang nagdi-dim kapag nag-on yung a/c, ano po ang problema? My car is a 2008 Honda Accord with stock wattage (actually stock pa lahat ito paint, sounds, etc ). At first I thought the battery is weak already at that time so I replaced it last year per ganun pa rin. Although wala pa namang nagiging problema--- if it ain't broken don't fix it ika nga nila; I just find it unusual and since I came across this thread I might at least get some two-cents worth from the experts. Dinala ko na sa Honda pero sabi wala naman daw problema. Can any one give me an diagnosis / advice? Would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
This is also a "bug" on the Civic FD. The momentary dimming of the headlights are caused by the sudden inrush of current taking up by the two radiator/condenser fans whenever the A/C compressor engages.

These fans operate at two speeds; Low and High. Whenever the A/C compressor is engaged and/or the engine is in danger of overheating, the fans operate at high speed.

The only time the fans operate at low speed is when the engine has completely warmed up and the ECU deems it necessary to keep the engine temp within the operational/optimal temp ranges.