New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Our park lights are out, but head lights are turning on. This happened last night, all of our lights are working, then when I stopped and put the hazard on the lights in the gauge panel and park lights died, but with headlight on.

We already checked all the fuses and relays everything seems fine, what could be the problem? I also noticed that there is no "tick" sound when switching the park lights, but there is when you switch the headlights. BTW our vehicle is 98 hi lander slx

Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by digitel View Post
    Our park lights are out, but head lights are turning on. This happened last night, all of our lights are working, then when I stopped and put the hazard on the lights in the gauge panel and park lights died, but with headlight on.

We already checked all the fuses and relays everything seems fine, what could be the problem? I also noticed that there is no "tick" sound when switching the park lights, but there is when you switch the headlights. BTW our vehicle is 98 hi lander slx

Thank you!

check your tail light relay and tail light fuse

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    We already checked the relays and the fuse but everything are ok. My dad will bring it tomorrow to a shop, I hope it will already work, because my class is until 7PM tomorrow (I used to pass by slex then...).

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    you never mentioned it, but i hope you also checked the bulbs...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by digitel View Post

Thank you!
    See, I said it, who said I never mentioned it? Hahaha! j/k.. peace! The bulbs are working, when I use the alarm all the park lights are working (even the fog lights).

The vehicle is now ok, the wire under the steering wheel was broken, it was then replaced.

Thank you guys!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Could be the steering column stalk switch. That switch operates the parklight relay.

It would help if you can secure a shop manual for your vehicle so you can easily trace which wires to "short" to test the parklight circuit, putting the stalk switch out of the equation.

Defective Park lights