New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Guys.

Has anyone tried na mag D.I.Y. ng inyong rear corner/amber lights conversion to double contact bulbs?? plano ko po kasi i try baka po meron sa inyong nakagawa na successfully without any tripped wire and ma enlighten kame regarding this.

thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by iRevoLution_mo View Post
    Guys.

Has anyone tried na mag D.I.Y. ng inyong rear corner/amber lights conversion to double contact bulbs?? plano ko po kasi i try baka po meron sa inyong nakagawa na successfully without any tripped wire and ma enlighten kame regarding this.

thanks

revolution,
    what exactly are you trying to do? converting a vehicle with amber turn signals to seven wire system or a seven wire system to one with amber turn signalsl. as always, you need rescue, you will need to specify make, model, year and the rest of the vital information. are you trying to convert your calesa or your jeepney or your cadillac's lights? what do you have so there is a specific answer to your specific question. i am sure your question is simple and can be made very simple and will get a simple direct to the point answer. don't hesitate to write again, but think of all the questions the person who will help you will ask.
    jick

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I think I know what the TS is up to. He may have plans to make the rear amber lights go on with the park lights using the 5W filament of a dual-contact bulb. The signal lights are then connected to the 21W or 25W filament of the same bulb so that the amber lights still functions as turn signals.

To the TS, I'd leave it stock if I were you. It's not that I question your intentions, but more for standards compliance. Having turn signals that are constantly on is not only non-standard, but can cause confusion to drivers behind. As per international signaling standards, only red light should be seen from the rear of any vehicle that can be constantly on (aside from license plate illumination). Constant-on amber lights are used on oversized vehicles as marker lights on the side (long vehicle) or top-front corners (tall vehicles).

Furthermore, and without offense, the practice of doing the said DIY is so 1980's.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I think I know what the TS is up to. He may have plans to make the rear amber lights go on with the park lights using the 5W filament of a dual-contact bulb. The signal lights are then connected to the 21W or 25W filament of the same bulb so that the amber lights still functions as turn signals.

To the TS, I'd leave it stock if I were you. It's not that I question your intentions, but more for standards compliance. Having turn signals that are constantly on is not only non-standard, but can cause confusion to drivers behind. As per international signaling standards, only red light should be seen from the rear of any vehicle that can be constantly on (aside from license plate illumination). Constant-on amber lights are used on oversized vehicles as marker lights on the side (long vehicle) or top-front corners (tall vehicles).

Furthermore, and without offense, the practice of doing the said DIY is so 1980's.
    that's right leave it orig

D.I.Y. Rear amber/corner lights conversion