New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Required ba dapat may clamp down bracket ang car battery? Saan makakabili ng ganun and how much? I just noticed my car battery does not have one and it keeps on moving.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    The absence of a battery hold down actually reduces the lifespan of the battery due to the impact and vibration when the car hits bumps. The cell plates (flooded batteries) flake off and the cells get shorted when the metallic plate particles accumulate and reach the bottom tips of the cells. There is also a possibility of battery explosion when the top posts make a connection with the hood of the car if it makes contact with it

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    Required ba dapat may clamp down bracket ang car battery? Saan makakabili ng ganun and how much? I just noticed my car battery does not have one and it keeps on moving.
    I've seen some of those clamps available in Ace or True Value. If they're fit for your car then you can get them. Mura lang siya. Otherwise, check with your parts catalogue and perhaps try a dealer. Im sure bihira bumibili ng ganyan sa mga banawe shops.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    those are easily available from the roadside auto supply stores, some battery stores, and the mall car accessories stores.
    you can drive to the roadside auto supply (banawe, evangelista, pasay rotonda, pedro gil, etc.) and get a set, po. they can install it for you.
    if buying from the mall, measure your battery, po. length x width x height. there are several sizes and styles available, kasi.
    good luck.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    sa sm southmall concorde meron small and large size. 150php yun small
    sa banawe nabili ko 150php malaki lang meron

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Thanks guys!