New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have a spare part called "breaker"

I was just wondering how does this thing works? it only has two wires..., should you link it like the way you link a fuse?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Do you have a picture of it or the brand/model of that device? A 'breaker' is too generic but if its a circuit breaker then definitely it functions the same as a fuse except that it is not disposable.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ah .. ito ba yung automotive circuit breaker rion?

saw one on MG infinity. sakit sa ulo daw to.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    ah .. ito ba yung automotive circuit breaker rion?

saw one on MG infinity. sakit sa ulo daw to.
    Really? Maybe the circuit breaker is in a wrong rating, that may have cause it to always break the circuit, which primarily is its main function. You could just always reset it, but make sure that the circuit is free of any problems and check on the current that flows within the wire if it's within range of the rating or any spikes that may be introduced.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    * S quilicot: I'm not sure if this is a circuit breaker kasi "breaker" nga lang ang nakalagay along with some relays...

*Taurus: ito po yung pic:

the "breaker" has only two wires...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    * S quilicot: I'm not sure if this is a circuit breaker kasi "breaker" nga lang ang nakalagay along with some relays...

*Taurus: ito po yung pic:

the "breaker" has only two wires...
    bro, would you be selling your breaker? how much?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    first, I have no idea if this is really a circuit breaker.
    and secondly, I want to play with it myself. and even If I want to sell this, it's not worth the trouble, ang layo ko. from south of the philippines.

and I'm pretty sure, myroon ganito sa surplus/junk shops sa banawe, but could take a little more effort to look for.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    first, I have no idea if this is really a circuit breaker.
    and secondly, I want to play with it myself. and even If I want to sell this, it's not worth the trouble, ang layo ko. from south of the philippines.

and I'm pretty sure, myroon ganito sa surplus/junk shops sa banawe, but could take a little more effort to look for.
    i see. thanks, anyway.

Circuit Breaker