New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    HI all, to my surprise, my car's battery (MEGA FORCE brand) will be going on its third year in a few weeks. Actually THis is the first time i've had a battery that has lasted more than 2 years. I've checked on the "color gauge", it still has a green color - meaning good (though not as bright when it was new). I don't want to be in a situation where the car wouldnt start in an emergency, etc. Would you suggest to have the battery immediately replaced? or re-charged or just wait till it gives symptoms of failing? Car is Civic 99 EK.

thank you and happy holidays!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Have it tested at a battery shop.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Just wait for the symptoms. Kung medyo mahina redondo, palit na. Sayang battery, kung ako susulitin ko yan.

Mine lasted for 4 years plus bago humina redondo when I had my ek. Manual kaya hindi ako takot.

Generally, it's up to you.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Normally I wait for the battery to die then I just call Motolite. Stock battery of my car lasted 3.5 years naman.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tsikot Car Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    thanks.. although its still one click start and feels new.. im afraid it might just fail in a least expected occasion. Question, Do symptoms usually show prior to it failing? like what symptoms? thank you

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mahina redondo.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Baon ka ng jumper cables para kung abutin ka sa daan. Minsan kasi bigla nalang dumadapa ang battery kapag pasira na. Experienced ko to sa Motolite Gold... Nung gabi, ok pa. Kinabukasan papasok na ako, "click of death" na.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    You never know when a battery will die on you. In my experience, I've driven cars that started with just one click in the morning and by lunch time when I want to drive out for lunch, it's dead. In these cases, I just call motolite. Though their prices are dearer, the convenience of a person coming to install your battery within an hour is great! I don't know how many times I've had to call them through the years but I'm happy that the service is available when you need it. The worst that can happen to you is if you go out at night to party, get drunk, take a girl back to your car and find that your car won't start.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by poorprince View Post
    HI all, to my surprise, my car's battery (MEGA FORCE brand) will be going on its third year in a few weeks. Actually THis is the first time i've had a battery that has lasted more than 2 years. I've checked on the "color gauge", it still has a green color - meaning good (though not as bright when it was new). I don't want to be in a situation where the car wouldnt start in an emergency, etc. Would you suggest to have the battery immediately replaced? or re-charged or just wait till it gives symptoms of failing? Car is Civic 99 EK.

thank you and happy holidays!

Wow! tumatagal pala ung mega force sir? doon sa distributor na nakausap ko meron pa sila ung primera and exg i think parang enduro and excel line-up ng motolite un. ung sayo parang motolite gold. anyway, as sir archie pointed out pag mahina na redondo palitan mo na i think that is the more obvious sign.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Buy a spare and put in trunk?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast