New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Hi Guys,

Alam naman natin na ang topak ng automatic cars ay ang battery. Tanong ko lang kung ok ba magdala ng car battery chager habang bumabyahe ka para incase na biglang topakin yung battery ng car mo may pang charge ka or mas maganda na may spare battery ka incase of emergency?

Advice po salamat!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Car charger would still need a place to plug it in and takes a few hours before the battery would be charged up, assuming it still takes a charge.

As for having a spare battery, it would be simpler to have a battery tester and test your battery every month or so. If the performance starts to drop off based on the test, have the battery replaced or checked at the battery shop.

I have my battery checked every year and so far it has worked well for me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Car charger would still need a place to plug it in and takes a few hours before the battery would be charged up, assuming it still takes a charge.

As for having a spare battery, it would be simpler to have a battery tester and test your battery every month or so. If the performance starts to drop off based on the test, have the battery replaced or checked at the battery shop.

I have my battery checked every year and so far it has worked well for me.

Thanks for the fast reply! Akala ko portable yung battery charger yun pala kailangan pang i-plug. You have mentioned a battery tester, Pwede ba dito yung multimeter tester or voltmeter na sinasaksak sa lighter socket? Salamat po ulit

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mau2485 View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply! Akala ko portable yung battery charger yun pala kailangan pang i-plug. You have mentioned a battery tester, Pwede ba dito yung multimeter tester or voltmeter na sinasaksak sa lighter socket? Salamat po ulit
    not really unless you really know what you looking for.

There is a portable battery pack for jumpstarting a car but it is only good for a limited number of tries before you deplete that battery.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    not really unless you really know what you looking for.

There is a portable battery pack for jumpstarting a car but it is only good for a limited number of tries before you deplete that battery.
    hi sir nangyari na yung kinakatakutan ko 4 days ko di nagamit yung car at ng sinubukan kong i-start ayaw na parang inuubo lang hay sakit talaga ng matic ang battery sabi baka daw grounded ewan ko ba

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mau2485 View Post
    hi sir nangyari na yung kinakatakutan ko 4 days ko di nagamit yung car at ng sinubukan kong i-start ayaw na parang inuubo lang hay sakit talaga ng matic ang battery sabi baka daw grounded ewan ko ba
    I drive an automatic tranny car and there are times I have left it for two weeks when I was out of town. It would start up normally when I get back.

It would be that particular car that would have the problem.

But you're not alone I guess. My brother used to have OPEL cars that would drain it's battery if it's not used in two days or so.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Another alternative is to buy a set of jumper cables. It's cheap, light and never requires maintenance checks. When the unfortunate time comes, flag a cab or whoever is available and clamp on the other end of the cable to his car. Pay the man 50 bucks and you'll both be happily on your way in just a few minutes.

We have jumper cables (and a tow cable) on all vehicles that we own... M/T or A/T. Above all and if worse comes to worst, your insurance company may have a 24-hr towing service.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Yup yung na nga yung ginawa ko bumili ako ng jumper cable tapos nakisuyo ako sa kaibigan ko to jumpstart my car.

Question lang po

Ano po ba difference ng 1SMF at 2SMF na battery?

2SMF motoite enduro kasi gamit ko ngayon gusto ko sana gumamit ng 1SMF motolite gold. Ok lang ba yon? why 1SMF motolite gold not 2SMF? because of the price

2SMF motolite enduro = 3360php 15months
    1SMF motolite gold = 3870 21months

Thanks po

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    tuwing kelan po ba dapat nagpapalit ng battery?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    there is a portable jump starter that you can charge at home and just keep it in your car. When the battery dies and you cannot start your car and no other car is around. You can just plug the cable into the cigarette lighter socket(no need to open the hood) and wait for about 10 mins to charge, then start the car. Unfortunately, we dont have one available locally. Kung meron ka kilala sa US pwede ka magpadala... try to google the product keyword - portable jump starter.... I think wagan brand is ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Car Battery Charger for automatic cars