New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    IIRC, reserve capacity is number of minutes the battery can last without alternator charging before conking out, and ampere hour is the total energy output the battery is capable of discharging. Electrical guys please correct me if I'm wrong. Capacity: 75 AH or 95 AH Car Battery for Montero/Grandia?

In my experience, 3SM with higher AH rating tend to enable faster, more "confident" cranks on our diesels. Like the Motolite Gold vs Amaron Hi Life on a 3.0L engine.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

oic, thank you GTi

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    In layman's terms, ano ang pinagkaiba ng RC sa AH when it comes to importance to the vehicle?
    In layman's term, RC is the number of minutes you can drive your vehicle while drawing 25A from the battery with a faulty charging system.

Ah and RC are related. You can derive the Ah of a battery from the RC and vice versa.

Technically speaking, RC is the number of minutes a 12V battery can discharge at 25 Amps before dropping down to 10.5V. The 25A value is used as a reference for the average car electrical system's consumption when the charging system is faulty. If a battery states it has an RC of 160, it can theoretically power the vehicle for 160 minutes before the voltage drops to 10.5V. Of course, mileage (and time) will vary depending on the actual current being drawn.

Ah is the amount of current a fully-charged battery can provide over a specific period of time (usually 20Hrs.) before the battery voltage drops down to 10.5V.

Either units pertains to the battery capacity. Like Km/L and L/100Km pertains to fuel economy, just denoted differently.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    According to tirecenter.com.ph/motolite.htm Enduro 3SMF is 70AH. 75AH for Gold, and 80AH for Excel.

I swear by Amaron Hi Life 115D31L (3SM) though. 90AH. Very satisfactory performance in our turbo diesels.

Magkano ang bili mo bro sa Amaron HiLife- 90AH?

Same size as the Motolite 3SM?

TIA.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Magkano ang bili mo bro sa Amaron HiLife- 90AH?

Same size as the Motolite 3SM?

TIA.

Yes, 3SM din.

The last Amaron Hi Life I bought was last November, 2018. Got it for P6200 - P300 for the old battery. Got it from Jawe in Banawe, near Orthopedic Center.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Yes, 3SM din.

The last Amaron Hi Life I bought was last November, 2018. Got it for P6200 - P300 for the old battery. Got it from Jawe in Banawe, near Orthopedic Center.

Good deal.

Considering I got Motolite Gold 3SM for 700 pesos more.

6. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    In layman's term, RC is the number of minutes you can drive your vehicle while drawing 25A from the battery with a faulty charging system.

Ah and RC are related. You can derive the Ah of a battery from the RC and vice versa.

Technically speaking, RC is the number of minutes a 12V battery can discharge at 25 Amps before dropping down to 10.5V. The 25A value is used as a reference for the average car electrical system's consumption when the charging system is faulty. If a battery states it has an RC of 160, it can theoretically power the vehicle for 160 minutes before the voltage drops to 10.5V. Of course, mileage (and time) will vary depending on the actual current being drawn.

Ah is the amount of current a fully-charged battery can provide over a specific period of time (usually 20Hrs.) before the battery voltage drops down to 10.5V.

Either units pertains to the battery capacity. Like Km/L and L/100Km pertains to fuel economy, just denoted differently.

Nice, Thanks!

7. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Technically speaking, RC is the number of minutes a 12V battery can discharge at 25 Amps before dropping down to 10.5V. The 25A value is used as a reference for the average car electrical system's consumption when the charging system is faulty. If a battery states it has an RC of 160, it can theoretically power the vehicle for 160 minutes before the voltage drops to 10.5V.

Tanong lang about the 10.5V. Yan bang 10.5V ang boundary line kapag mamatay na ang vehicle?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Tanong lang about the 10.5V. Yan bang 10.5V ang boundary line kapag mamatay na ang vehicle?
    I think it's generally considered that if the voltage goes below 10.5V, irreversible damage will have already occurred to the battery cells/plates. Consider that a normal flooded 12V car battery is considered empty when it's open circuit voltage gets down to 11.89V.

State of Charge Voltage
    100% 12.65
    75% 12.45V
    50% 12.24V
    25% 12.06
    0% 11.89

Source: Measuring State-of-charge - Battery University

Deep-cycle batteries are calibrated differently and 10.5V is considered 0% State of Charge.
    Last edited by oj88; February 13th, 2019 at 12:12 AM.

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Sabi daw kapag higher ang AH, it will take the alternator longer to charge your battery?
    mas OK mataas capacity, wala naman pakialam alternator sa size ng battery mo. charging lang gagawin nya, in excess of you car's eletrical usage.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Good deal.

Considering I got Motolite Gold 3SM for 700 pesos more.

I got my Motolite 3SM a few days ago at P6K after trade-in; plus a free gallon of engine/radiator coolant- i don't recognize the brand, of which I have "no use"...

Yup, the Amaron is indeed a good deal.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Capacity: 75 AH or 95 AH Car Battery for Montero/Grandia?