New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Anyone experienced a burning smell near/top side of the steering wheel? I noticed it when I drove with headlights on kasi gabi ako nagdrive, pero this afternoon wala naman yung burning smell. Chineck ko under the hood wala naman yung amoy, sa loob lang ng car talaga meron. Gusto ko ipacheck, natatakot lang ako idrive baka magcause ng fire

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    What is the year, make, model, mileage of the car? This question had been thrown back to some members like you asking for help. Are your headlights other than OEM? Are there another loads on piggy back to the light circuit? Had there been McGyvering done to the wiring?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Honda City 04 AT. I'm not sure if it's OEM, but there's a Honda brand in the headlight. No customization or extra accessories added to the car (I think it's all stock). No electrical job is done within 3 years. I bought it 2nd hand. I think my best bet is to call a mechanic that knows something about wiring stuff. I'm really afraid with the burning smell

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by cRane01 View Post
    Honda City 04 AT. I'm not sure if it's OEM, but there's a Honda brand in the headlight. No customization or extra accessories added to the car (I think it's all stock). No electrical job is done within 3 years. I bought it 2nd hand. I think my best bet is to call a mechanic that knows something about wiring stuff. I'm really afraid with the burning smell
    Faulty light switch/stalk. Palit bago or surplus katay.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The burnt smell could be coming from the under-dash fuse box. The switch stalks don't normally carry a large enough current to cause any burning. But if it did, the relay it is triggering could be the problem.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    The burnt smell could be coming from the under-dash fuse box. The switch stalks don't normally carry a large enough current to cause any burning. But if it did, the relay it is triggering could be the problem.
    City'05 Low-beam Headlight not working(both), but High-beam is working

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    the fuse to the headlight is usually rated at 15 amps (blue fuse). if you have the ability to measure the current to the headlight circuit it would be helpful. if the current is too high there is an overload. if the current is low, there is high resistance in the circuit that is causing the heat build up.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    the OEM headlamp was designed to be at 60 watts, so, at the nominal 12 volt system, it would be drawing at about 5 amperes each.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Airbag canister smell?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sa akin dati ung fuse socket ang nasunog kapag maluwag ung socket nag iinit talaga at malamang sa pagmulan ng sunog.check mo mga fuses baka may mga maluluwag na fuse dun sa socket..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Burning Smell in Steering Wheel