New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    para palang pick your poison. mamulubi kapapalit ng motolite o masabugan ng amaron hehe. kidding aside ang konti pa lang ata feedback sa Panasonic or too early pa lang sa market maski anecdotal to draw some semblance of performance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    para palang pick your poison. mamulubi kapapalit ng motolite o masabugan ng amaron hehe. kidding aside ang konti pa lang ata feedback sa Panasonic or too early pa lang sa market maski anecdotal to draw some semblance of performance.
    Last Panasonic battery i purchased lasted for 32 months. This was the longest battery i had. 65D26L na model. Daily driven car pero 4kms lang distance pa opisina. he he he. Too bad di na sya available and I was in a hurry so binili ko na lang what was available at that time. A Fuji battery. So far more than a year na sa akin. mas mababa nga lang ampere hours ng fuji na nakuha ko

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    So my friend’s car battery died...
    Here’s the prices in amaron cebu and one dealer for panasonic:

Panasonic 6k
    Yuasa 7k

Amaron Go Series 5,184.00 17Mo. Warranty
    Amaron highlife 6,048 21Mo. Warranty
    Amaron Pro 6,768.00 24Mo Warranty

My friend choose the highlife... goodchoice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    So my friend’s car battery died...
    Here’s the prices in amaron cebu and one dealer for panasonic:

Panasonic 6k
    Yuasa 7k

Amaron Go Series 5,184.00 17Mo. Warranty
    Amaron highlife 6,048 21Mo. Warranty
    Amaron Pro 6,768.00 24Mo Warranty

My friend choose the highlife... goodchoice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    282 vs 288/month

Small difference between the HL and the Pro. I wouldve gotten the Pro though.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    i had been a panasonic battery user since 2014. isa sa Innova namen na diesel. lasted us 3 years, daily driven car yan pinalitan nalang namen after 3 years+ kasi panget na reading pero napapaandar pa niya yun sasakyan pero parang hirap na.

We also have it on our altis so far 2 years plus na ok pa din. the battery color is black casing, i think this is the mid variant. now my Father in law also bought the panasonic for his innova, blue yun kinuha nila which is made in japan daw. lets see how it fairs...

sa motolite at outlast parang may timer mga yan sa loob ng battery. after maubos ang warranty tiyak ubos na din battery mo. no matter kung daily driven or not.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    sa akin, umaabot ng 4-5 years ang motolite ko

gusto ko matry yang amaron

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I got onto the Amaron bandwagon because I got tired of Motolite. Just about every Motolite battery I've ever used have failed the same way and usually around the same time after the warranty expired, give or take a few months. There was only one instance when it failed a month before the warranty went out. Even so, they gave me a look like they were making it my fault. They eventually replaced it after giving me a run-around.

FLA batteries should last 3-5 years, minimum... unless there's a genuine problem with the vehicle. But definitely should not coincide with the 18-, 21-, or 24-month warranty.

If this is not a good example of planned obsolescence, I don't know what is.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it would appear to me, that up front, motolite might not be after the costumer's welfare, but after the company's welfare.
    but if we see it from a contorted view... we-the-costumer are comfortable with the thought that their battery will not fail during the warranty period. but it will fail, 1-2 months afterward.
    my colleague replaces her motolite after two years, regardless.
    perhaps this is motolite's un-written message: "wag nyo nang hintaying mamatay."

sa totoo lang,
    the hassle with dead batteries, is not that you have to replace them.
    the hassle is the discomfort that one endures, because it dies at the most in-opportune time.

sabi nga ng pilosopo kong kakilala,
    "that thing is warrantied to last 24 months. what right do you have, to demand that it last an additional 12 months?"
    "you know from experience, that it won't last more than 1-2 months after the warranty period. so what are you waiting for?"
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 14th, 2020 at 11:03 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I got onto the Amaron bandwagon because I got tired of Motolite. Just about every Motolite battery I've ever used have failed the same way and usually around the same time after the warranty expired, give or take a few months. There was only one instance when it failed a month before the warranty went out. Even so, they gave me a look like they were making it my fault. They eventually replaced it after giving me a run-around.

FLA batteries should last 3-5 years, minimum... unless there's a genuine problem with the vehicle. But definitely should not coincide with the 18-, 21-, or 24-month warranty.

If this is not a good example of planned obsolescence, I don't know what is.

and one more thing, their batteries do not show signs that it is getting weak.. it just turns off itself without warning

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it would appear to me, that up front, motolite might not be after the costumer's welfare, but after the company's welfare.
    but if we see it from a contorted view... we-the-costumer are comfortable with the thought that their battery will not fail during the warranty period. but it will fail, 1-2 months afterward.
    my colleague replaces her motolite after two years, regardless.
    perhaps this is motolite's un-written message: "wag nyo nang hintaying mamatay."

sa totoo lang,
    the hassle with dead batteries, is not that you have to replace them.
    the hassle is the discomfort that one endures, because it dies at the most in-opportune time.

sabi nga ng pilosopo kong kakilala,
    "that thing is warrantied to last 24 months. what right do you have, to demand that it last an additional 12 months?"
    "you know from experience, that it won't last more than 1-2 months after the warranty period. so what are you waiting for?"
    heh heh.
    To expect something to last only for the duration of its warranty is fine. But if there are other options that can get you a lot further for the same money, I'd take it. Problem with the current Motolites is their price to lifespan ratio. They usually come out as the most expensive option.