New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    guys any insights on this?

scenario is, mainit ang terminals ng sasakyan habang ginagamit. Both positive and negative. Minsan, pag first use for the day naman hirap magstart as in "click" sound lang ang maririnig mo even though mahigpit naman ang terminals.

So minsan hassle kasi I would need to re-fit the battery terminals just to make sure na magsstart, then magsstart naman siya after refitting. then pag pinatay mo ng matagalan like for about 2 or more hours "click" sound again pag inistart. So same process. refit terminals then magsstart na siya...

So 2 problems here:

1. Habang ginagamit yung sasakyan mainit yung terminals both positive and negative. Yung tipong mapapaso ka if you touch it for around 5 seconds.

2. "click" sound when starting, which results into refitting of terminals para lang magstart ng maayos.

My battery is Electron 2sm bought last December 2010 so 8 months na yung battery.

Any insights mga kaibigan? Do you think kailangan ko palitan ang battery ko??

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The terminals getting hot is a sign of not enough contact at the terminals. The terminal connectors may be corroded. Clean with a wire brush or replace if needed.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    The terminals might be loose as well. Ok ba voltage mo?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    linis terminal tapos sikipan mo lang yung konektors.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    thanks for the input guys. the state of my terminals are well. Walang corrosion, lahat masikip. also the terminals are newly replaced too.

I Think the culprit here is the battery... I just started doiing those things you recommended guys right after I read the replies.. Now even the automatic door locks can't be manipulated, maririnig mo na naglolock pero nahihirapan. also while locking the door manonotice yung paghina ng ilaw sa loob, the digital clock makikita din nag-fafade.

Do you think its the battery na? Gusto ko din sana icheck yung voltage like what ry_tower said, kaso wala akong pangtest ng voltage.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by X-isle View Post
    thanks for the input guys. the state of my terminals are well. Walang corrosion, lahat masikip. also the terminals are newly replaced too.

I Think the culprit here is the battery... I just started doiing those things you recommended guys right after I read the replies.. Now even the automatic door locks can't be manipulated, maririnig mo na naglolock pero nahihirapan. also while locking the door manonotice yung paghina ng ilaw sa loob, the digital clock makikita din nag-fafade.

Do you think its the battery na? Gusto ko din sana icheck yung voltage like what ry_tower said, kaso wala akong pangtest ng voltage.
    The battery shop should have a tester. Just bring it there to find out where the problem located. If it's not the terminal, it might be the battery terminal posts.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The battery shop should have a tester. Just bring it there to find out where the problem located. If it's not the terminal, it might be the battery terminal posts.
    I see, I'll do that, update ko na lang kung ano magiging result about this. Thanks!

Maaaring grounding problem na yan sir, too much current, bad resistance, pag ginagalaw mo yung battery post nag iistart e, except kung battery post mismo ang sira, grounding yan sir.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tsikotshop View Post
    Maaaring grounding problem na yan sir, too much current, bad resistance, pag ginagalaw mo yung battery post nag iistart e, except kung battery post mismo ang sira, grounding yan sir.
    Kung grounding ang problem what to do bro? ano ang dapat icheck or dapat ayusin or palitan?

haven't tried and checked the car today baka tomorrow pa and ipapacheck ko na din yung battery kung palitin na. So still no updated for today

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    battery straps not visible on the surface and inside the battery do break from trying to wiggle the battery cable clamps in an attempt to disconnect it. although the clamps outside appear clean and tight, it does not mean to say the battery has no internal resistance from a broken internal battery straps. this happens on top post batteries more often than side terminal ones. it is recommended to use a battery clamp puller than wrestling with the cable clamps to avoid this potential battery damage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast