New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Grounding kits were popularized by the motorsport community. With or without it, your sound system will work.

In any case, you are only supposed to tap only into the battery's positive terminal when powering an amplifier. The negative [ground] wire of the amp is bolted onto the nearest convenient grounding structure you can find. On my Pajero, the amp was grounded via one of the luggage hook bolts. I've never seen a sound system that was directly grounded back to the battery.
    thanks sir! rewire ko na now..

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Buhayin ko lang tong thread:

I have a second hand Kia Sedona 2004 model. I recently became aware that the battery installed is rated at 60AH when the manual specified that the battery should be 12v, 70AH.

I just installed a 9-inch monitorn on the ceiling so the kids can watch some movies and am planning on upgrading the sound system by installing an amplifier first. Better speakers would come in later. I'm also planning on installing brighter bulbs on the fog lamps.

Kaya bang hintaying ko na lang humina ang battery nito or should I replace it immediately?

I wanted to replace it since last month but my wife thinks that since there's no problem with the electricals yet, we should wait until the battery weakens.

What do you guys suggest?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^your battery will die sooner than later. it would depend on you. kung ayaw mo ng hassle, much better to have it replaced now than to have it dead when you need to start it...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    ^^your battery will die sooner than later. it would depend on you. kung ayaw mo ng hassle, much better to have it replaced now than to have it dead when you need to start it...
    this happened to me once sir, i stopped to buy something from the store and parked upfront. wifey decided to switch-off the engine to save fuel she says but unfortunately, my engine wont start again.culprit?...the battery was dead!...had to buy a replacement that time...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    I've never seen a sound system that was directly grounded back to the battery.
    I've seen one. Sir *Islaw Palitaw* of ACP did it that way, I think.

Here's his DIY thread:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50784

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Battery Questions