New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    I bought my spacegear with a 3SM battery. Once its time to replace, I am thinking of replacing it with a 2SM battery. Is 2SM battery adequate for 2.5L diesel engine?

Hope somebody can provide inputs. thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rodneymac View Post
    I bought my spacegear with a 3SM battery. Once its time to replace, I am thinking of replacing it with a 2SM battery. Is 2SM battery adequate for 2.5L diesel engine?

I don't know why, but Spacegears originally came with 2, 2SM batteries. The previous owner of your unit changed it to 1 3SM to save on battery costs. But I think if you're not into car audio setups it'll suffice.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    I don't know why, but Spacegears originally came with 2, 2SM batteries. The previous owner of your unit changed it to 1 3SM to save on battery costs. But I think if you're not into car audio setups it'll suffice.
    We have 2 Spacegears here in the office, one is a 98 model and the other is a 2002 model. The 98 model has 2 batteries but the 2002 came with just 1 3SM battery originally. Both are local units.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Kaya na yan nang 3SM lang.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rodneymac View Post

Mitsu Spacegear should be N50 according to motolite:
    Motolite | Home

Battery for Mitsubishi Spacegear 2.5L Diesel