New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    My battery died suddenly while I was driving. No lights. No horn. No dash light. My HID was turned on at this time. I've experienced also a problem before with my HID where the right part doesn't turn on immediately when switch on.

I don't know what could have cause it unless you could help me identify it?

It's a Honda City '01 car.

Some parts I've installed recently are K&N air filter, xenonworx hid, Pivot volt stabilizer and Pivot engine push start button.

A kind hobbyist of car batteries passed by and helped series it.

After the series, my hid lights won't turn on. Only the park light works. Could the HID be the problem? Every time I open the hood, its hot. Would that be normal?

My volt stabilizer still reads 13.2 and I was informed that its suppose to be somewhere 10.0 when the battery needs to be replace. So, I guess its not the battery or still is since car won't turn on after I shut the engine when I got home?

Or could it be my air filter sensor?

Hope somebody here could help me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Check your car battery clamps for good connection to the battery terminals.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Hi. Thank you for the advise. I've check it already and it's still tight. What other factors could I look into?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    even if the terminals are tight, check for corosion between the terminal and clamp. You will need to remove and clean the terminals to be sure.

Check the ground wire (black) from the battery to the chassis.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    baka sira na ang alternator.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    okay. here's what I notice. My park lights and alarm works. So, I guess it wouldn't be the battery?

The only thing not working is my headlight aside from the battery.

Also, every time I would switch on the headlight, my volt reader would read lo (short for low?) and I would experience a temporary shortage in electricity like I can't use the car alarm.

Could it be the HID consuming a lot of volts?
    Last edited by phantomx; October 27th, 2010 at 10:08 PM. Reason: typo error

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    HID?!? maybe one of the reasons especially if not properly installed with correct wattage. Mabilis ma drain ang battery mo.... wag naman sanang alternator.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    question: is your battery maintenance-free? If it's not, hope you regularly fill up the plates. I experienced that before with my Lancer. I didn't know the batteries isn't maintenance-free until the car completely went dead while I was cruising through the Ayala Tunnel. If that's the case you may have to replace your batteries.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    I'm guessing it's not. I took out the caps and look into the plates and I noticed that the fluid level is low. I just filled it up. Though, would this be the cause?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    I'm guessing it's not. I took out the caps and look into the plates and I noticed that the fluid level is low. I just filled it up. Though, would this be the cause?

I'm currently using Outlast. Do you think that's good battery brand already or are there more superior batteries out there?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Battery - Completely Died While Driving