New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hello tsikoteers, just a brief scenario what happened the other day, when I was driving the car, bigla na lang pong humina ang busina then after a while hinde na tumunog and aside from that, I noticed na nakailaw ang battery indicator light sa gauge. I dont want to think that the battery is the culprit cause its only 2 months old (Motolite Enduro).

1) Is this means that our alternator might be busted or nadiskarga lang ang battery?
    2) Repairable po ba ang mga alternator at may kelangan lang ireplace na minor parts or papalitan na yung buong alternator?
    3) How much is a brand new alternator and surplus?

I will also be very grateful, if you have some recommended mechanics in cavite area na expert in alternators, pakipost naman po ang locations.

Ride is honda 92 / PH12 engine. Any response will be highly appreciated. TIA

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

It is definitely the alternator.

An alternator is repairable with replacement parts. However, some shops would recommend to replace the whole unit if the IC-regulator is busted. Surplus or assembled alternators usually are being sold between P2000 to P4000. Electrical shops have contacts for these.

Am from LPC, and so may not be able to recommend a shop in Cavite. What part of Cavite ka ba, bro?

Since gasolina ka,- you have to bring the vehicle immediately to an electrical shop, since it will drain your battery.

21.2K:tomato:

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

It is definitely the alternator.

An alternator is repairable with replacement parts. However, some shops would recommend to replace the whole unit if the IC-regulator is busted. Surplus or assembled alternators usually are being sold between P2000 to P4000. Electrical shops have contacts for these.

Am from LPC, and so may not be able to recommend a shop in Cavite. What part of Cavite ka ba, bro?

Since gasolina ka,- you have to bring the vehicle immediately to an electrical shop, since it will drain your battery.

21.2K:tomato:
    Thanks for the immediate response sir CVT. Im from the boundary of bacoor and imus po.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PamelaAsistio View Post
    Hello tsikoteers, just a brief scenario what happened the other day, when I was driving the car, bigla na lang pong humina ang busina then after a while hinde na tumunog and aside from that, I noticed na nakailaw ang battery indicator light sa gauge. I dont want to think that the battery is the culprit cause its only 2 months old (Motolite Enduro).

1) Is this means that our alternator might be busted or nadiskarga lang ang battery?
    2) Repairable po ba ang mga alternator at may kelangan lang ireplace na minor parts or papalitan na yung buong alternator?
    3) How much is a brand new alternator and surplus?

I will also be very grateful, if you have some recommended mechanics in cavite area na expert in alternators, pakipost naman po ang locations.

Ride is honda 92 / PH12 engine. Any response will be highly appreciated. TIA

ibig sabihin niyan sir hindi na kumakarga ang baterya kaya alternator is the culprit. pa check mo muna sir alternator mo baka ung components lang ng alternator itself ang may diperensya like pulley or bushings so you don't need to replace the whole alternator.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    ibig sabihin niyan sir hindi na kumakarga ang baterya kaya alternator is the culprit. pa check mo muna sir alternator mo baka ung components lang ng alternator itself ang may diperensya like pulley or bushings so you don't need to replace the whole alternator.
    Ok thanks sir Retz. Hinde ko nga po muna ginamit yung car, perhaps this coming sunday ko pa po mapapacheck if ever.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    You said 2months pa lang ang battery mo, Have you checked the connectors on the battery terminals if maayos ba ang pagka higpit after you change the batteries?
    Yes alternator can be repaired but first, do some checking on the wires and connectors from the alternator to the battery. You will notice also if hindi na nag cha charge yung alternator mo or dead na yung battery kapag wala kang makitang mga small bubbles on the batteries electrolytes. If you have something to jump start you car then you can also measure the output voltage of the alternator with a multi tester if it is producing any voltage to charge the batteries.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Try St. Bars Electrical Shop, in front of South Super Market along Aguinaldo Highway in Imus. Sorry, medyo malayo from your location, but dyan ako nagpapagawa ng aircon ng kotse ko, so I know the people and how they work on things. Medyo pihikan kasi ako sa mga tao na pwede gumalaw ng mga kotse ko. Probable cause of your alternator not charging correctly may just be worn down carbon brushes. Very easy and quick fix.

Although, they will check the over-all condition of your charging system first before they give you an estimate. Fair naman sila mag charge, and they give you warranty for the repairs they do. Open din sila on Sunday's.

Goodluck
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; September 27th, 2013 at 12:54 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    obviously, your battery died because the alternator wasn't charging it.
    the battery doesn't just die at the snap of a finger.... it takes time for it to discharge that much.. 30 minutes, 1 hour.. depending on what's on...
    i had experience like yours, years ago. ...traced it to a little wire outside the housing (then) that somehow got disconnected..

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Try St. Bars Electrical Shop, in front of South Super Market along Aguinaldo Highway in Imus. Sorry, medyo malayo from your location, but dyan ako nagpapagawa ng aircon ng kotse ko, so I know the people and how they work on things. Medyo pihikan kasi ako sa mga tao na pwede gumalaw ng mga kotse ko. Probable cause of your alternator not charging correctly may just be worn down carbon brushes. Very easy and quick fix.

Although, they will check the over-all condition of your charging system first before they give you an estimate. Fair naman sila mag charge, and they give you warranty for the repairs they do. Open din sila on Sunday's.

Goodluck
    Thanks sa info sir lowslowbenz. Will drop by at St. Bars this week.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Follow up question na rin po. Ano bang alternator ang fit sa honda...yung tinatawag na gawang laguna? Kasi nung nabili namin yung car tinanong kami nung mechanic na nagtune up kung bakit may additional wire sa alternator, so inalis nya at naglight up ang battery indicator sa gauge, kaya binalik na lang nya uli para hinde umiilaw yung battery indicator.

If my memory serves me right, ang pagkakasabi nya kaya daw nilagyan ng ground (or additional wire) ay dahil sa gawang laguna daw yung alternator or baligtad po...dahil sa hinde gawang laguna ba kaya may additional wire? Kasi yung nakasabay kong nagpatune up that day we have the same car and engine pero walang ganung wire sa alternator nya eh.

Ano po bang alternator ang compatible sa honda...gawang laguna or not?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast