New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since I upgraded my headlights to 90/100 watts and installed 100watt foglights, if I turn on all my lights and with aircon on, my voltage meter's reading drops from 13v to 12v if I left my engine idling. My alternator simply does not supply enough load.

Sounds like you have a similar problem.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    alternators are priced at 2k sa rey's.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Sir, may I know where rey's located? am also planning to have my alternator changed to higher wattage.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ako i got a 110amp surplus for my nissan serena... P3500!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    mga bros i have a problem, alternator na kaya problema ko? actually i experienced it twice pero mukang kagabi na talaga bumigay. habang umaandar ako bigla na lang humina mga ilaw ko sa panel gauge tapos yung hid ko nagblink na hanggat lumabas sa panel yung check battery. buti naka uwi pako ng bahay so nirev ko ng nirev baka kumarga pero wala na talaga. so what i did was to remove the negative terminal pero biglang namatay yung makina. so ayaw na magstart. na experience ko lang to after installing grounding kit. may kinalaman kaya to or talagang bumigay na alternator ko?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    bumigay na alternator mo.. ganyan na ganyan nangyari sa ride ko last week lang... stator daw culprit sabi ng mechanic... yesterday nakabili ako sa evangelista ng surplus alternator , 2.3K. haven't installed it yet.. busy pa eh.. Laguna parts yung binigay, nippon denso yung nasira ko, mga sir, ano kaya comparison nung dalawa in terms of performance and durability?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    aok naman sir, pag tumatapak sa Brake, or basta pag nag consume ako ng electricity, bumababa ang idle ko!? What is the problem?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chick-boy View Post
    ganyan din problema ko dati... nung nagpalit ako 90A alternator my problem was solved sir :D

chick-boy,
    to maintain the balance of the alternator capacity and the battery, an increase in alternator size, this warrants a need to increase the battery size. the batteries are classified into different groups: a) ampere-hour capacity- where a battery is loaded with 20 amps continuous load and timed as to how long it could sustain the 20 amp load, b) cold cranking amperes- where a battery is subjected to 20 degrees fahrenheit temperature and loaded to measure its ability to supply current, and group or BCI number. if you needed to increase alternator output, it is because you have an increase in demand, then you have to increase the battery or your "surge protector" without having your alternator overworked.
    jick

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Since I upgraded my headlights to 90/100 watts and installed 100watt foglights, if I turn on all my lights and with aircon on, my voltage meter's reading drops from 13v to 12v if I left my engine idling. My alternator simply does not supply enough load.

Sounds like you have a similar problem.

ghosthunter,
    we have always known that the power in watts is a product of current in amperes multiplied by the voltage, hence, just for the headlights:

100=current X 12(nominal voltage)

100/12= current in amperes

current = 8.34 amps (for one headlight)

jick

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    My problem is pag tumatapak ako sa break, nag didim gauge ko, para bang more consumption ng energy, bumababa idle ko and electricty?? Alternator problem po kaya???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Alternator problem?