New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm currently waiting for my 4x2 diesel Fortuner, which is rumored to have only 102 HP (think Innova's engine). I'm looking for at least 30+ HP increase. Do you guys have any suggestions that is safe and cost effective?

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Baka magawan ng paraan ni Pablo Planas yan.

At the earliest, you may have to wait until after the break-in period. At the latest, after the warranty expires. Since D-4D ang makina niyan, there's a considerable level of uncertainty because the technology is still largely unfamiliar around here. You'll be risking adverse effects on your engine if it's too soon.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; August 11th, 2005 at 01:03 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm, add a custom turbo setup?

medyo risky nga lang since new engine yan.

Bry you refering to the "superchip"?? AFAIK it "adds" 30 HP to the crank not the wheels...

If you really want to add HP, put in a bigger intercooler, turbo = more boost. Like what ssaloons sig says "In boost we trust" :D... but its risky since you have a brand you engine and your warranty will be voided.
    Last edited by ILuvDetailing; August 11th, 2005 at 01:09 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO... just get the Fortuner 2.7L VVTi... it is even cheaper than the 2.5L D4D.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    cheaper suggestion yun, john :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mazdamazda, if I choose the 4x2 diesel variant, I can get the unit as early as September-October. Pag 4x2 gas variant, January-February pa.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How about autoplus? Some people suggested that I go there. Ok ba dun?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    you can try overboosting the turbo, but you have to also adjust fuel input to compensate, otherwise baka mag karoon ng knocking, tope for short. do this after the warranty.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    prob is, non-turbo daw ang 4x2 diesel.

Bry, actually it all depends on how much you're willing to spend to gain that added kick. custom turbos can set you back at least 30grand to as high as 100grand. there is no limit AFAIK.

the only thing limiting you in this particular engine is the new D4D engine of toyota IMO ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Adding more power.....