New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    as you all know, modern steering columns have electronic stuff (EPS) attached to them. and this is one of the problems for my flooded 09' altis.
    i was just wondering if for example, speedlab or any other shop repairs these kind of things?TIA

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    hindi ba under warranty pa ang altis na yan?

anyways, as you mentioned, flooded nga...try mu lang sa casa, baka makalusot ka

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Flooded cars/parts are not covered by warranty. If the owner's insurance includes Acts of God coverage, then they will shoulder the repair/replacement expenses.

Regarding the electronic power steering system of the newer Altis, Migs of Speedyfix commented to me that when flooded or damaged, the system is most likely not repairable and is replaced outright.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    That's what i thought-couldn't be repaired. i just needed validation from others. thanks so much for the inputs!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah. Ferman from Speedlab also has the same sentiment. EPS boxes are sealed units, and are not built to be opened and repaired.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I heard some people having their EPS's and other electronic modules repaired at a electronic appliance repair shop specifically LOVE electronics. May ad pa nga sila na they repair flooded car modules.

*TS, care to try?

09' altis steering column