New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, the Reno is a rebodied Optra. By Pininfarina? Not sure lang po.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i'd get the Yaris over this...if ever meron dito...cute ng yaris

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828
    We have most of those cars. At least it beat out the Suzuki Reno which is a hatchback version of the Chevy Optra here.

How much would the Caliber cost? it should be priced around 600k+
    The Caliber will be priced higher that considering that it will be a CBU and its base engine is a 140hp 1.8, technically its a class above the sub-compact Fit(Jazz), Yaris and Versa. The Caliber is built on the new GS platform which will also be used by the all-new 2008 Lancer and Evo X.

In the US the Caliber competes with the Corolla based USDM Toyota Matrix
    Last edited by AG4; July 31st, 2006 at 06:19 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Yes, the Reno is a rebodied Optra. By Pininfarina? Not sure lang po.
    Not rebodies, just rebadged.
    The Reno is a Suzuki badged version Chevy Optra5 hatchback aka Chevrolet Lacetti hatchback.

Last edited by AG4; July 31st, 2006 at 06:32 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    What the?

This is a hatchback? Akala ko na isa itong SUV o something?

Masyadong bulky kasi yung kotse akala tuloy isang SUV ito

I guess for the masters of "american bulkiness and oversized mass" such as Chrysler, this is only considered as a hatchback to them :P

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    in the end, mag-end lang pala tayo sa mga sedans\hatchbacks na mas mataas ang ground clearance. yun mga boxy and bulky SUV's part lang ng evolution. no wonder nauuso na mga sta fe, cx7, murano ..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GasJunkie
    Interior = subpar

I have seen one and will support theveed on this one.
    Kita ko na rin, I support GasJunkie's and theveed's claim.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    In the US the Caliber competes with the Corolla based USDM Toyota Matrix
    That and the Matrix' twin, the Pontiac Vibe:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackraven
    I guess for the masters of "american bulkiness and oversized mass" such as Chrysler, this is only considered as a hatchback to them :P
    The average Caucasian is taller than the average Pinoy. It makes sense if hatchbacks made for them are bigger.

I once parked next to a BMW 330ci(?) at work. That BMW looked like a subcompact next to my 06 Sonata even though it has 4-doors. The roofline sits pretty low too. Although it's a nice car, I remember thinking, "What's the point of having 4-doors (or even a back seat) when the people in the back will sit like grasshoppers with their knees on their chins?" I'm not that tall myself and I couldn't imagine myself sitting in the back of that Bimmer.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 1st, 2006 at 06:10 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackraven
    What the?

This is a hatchback? Akala ko na isa itong SUV o something?

Masyadong bulky kasi yung kotse akala tuloy isang SUV ito

it actually kinda looks like an SUV from the outside. that plus the angular styling seems to add some mass to the body. but the 'compact' and 'subcompact' designation is purely on interior space. i kinda think of it like a mini-SUV rather than a hatchback car.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    The average Caucasian is taller than the average Pinoy. It makes sense if hatchbacks made for them are bigger.

I once parked next to a BMW 330ci(?) at work. That BMW looked like a subcompact next to my 06 Sonata even though it has 4-doors. The roofline sits pretty low too. Although it's a nice car, I remember thinking, "What's the point of having 4-doors (or even a back seat) when the people in the back will sit like grasshoppers with their knees on their chins?" I'm not that tall myself and I couldn't imagine myself sitting in the back of that Bimmer.
    i have one of them things...it's actually quite roomy in the back, although hard to get in and out of like most other 2-door cars. i'm about 6'0" and 180, and i can fit comfortably in the back unless Yao Ming is driving. i would agree that the back seat of a Sonata would be much roomier though.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
CATS Motors hints on introduced Dodge Caliber soon...