New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    CATS Motors hints on introducing the Dodge Caliber soon...

A preview of the next Lancer's platform...

There are 4 gasoline Caliber engines, based on the new GEMA(Global Engine Manufacturing Alliance) world engines with Variable Valve Timing, a joint venture between DaimlerChrysler, Mitsubishi Motors and Hyundai Motor Company.
    Caliber engine lineup:
    140 hp 1.8
    158 hp 2.0
    172 hp 2.4
    300 hp 2.4 turbo (SRT-4)
    additional engine option for europe:
    140hp 2.0 (VW)turbodiesel

We would most likely get the naturally aspirated gasoline engines... 158hp 2.0 perhaps?

Currently only the 172hp 2.4 model gets AWD, the rest are FWD.
    For now the top turbocharged SRT4 model is only FWD, to minimize torque steer the SRT-4 model has equal length halfshafts and tuned suspension.

The Dodge Caliber is a crossover vehicle, but its more of a tall hatchback/station wagon.
    Last edited by AG4; July 28th, 2006 at 01:29 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Man, when will the Americans ever make a car with decent, non-disposable feeling interiors hehe... Isang tingin mo lang dun sa dash alam mo nang tunog plastic pag kinatok mo... Sayang I like the new generation edgy designs ng US cars... (not that I can afford one hehe)

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Man, when will the Americans ever make a car with decent, non-disposable feeling interiors hehe... Isang tingin mo lang dun sa dash alam mo nang tunog plastic pag kinatok mo...
    I's rather wait for the Dodge Caliber to be launched first before making comments about its interior quality.

An interesting interior feature...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Aba, getting worse hehe dati cup holder lang... what's next, twinkies dispenser hehe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Interior = subpar

I have seen one and will support theveed on this one.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The interior of the Dodge Durango looks pretty good though. Nice feeling & looking plastics.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kaya plastic is to make the price cheaper. pero if you are going to buy one for keeps, why plastic? :twak:

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've heard initial reports saying much the same... disappointing interior materials. But with Civic, Focus and Altis materials as they are, it shouldn't be much of a handicap.

What would be a handicap is word that the Caliber isn't all that good a car to drive. Disappointingly average acceleration and handling, actually. Disappointing because the Dodge Neon before it was supposed to be a very nimble and agile car.

Plus it isn't as big as it seems... it's actually shorter than the previous Neon. But the height should give it good head and shoulder room.

Still, it's a welcome addition to the compact market... we really need more wagons here to keep the compact segment competitive with AUVs and versatile superminis like the Jazz/Fit and the Matrix.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    nahiya pa..dapat full blown ref nalang..americans love to eat while driving

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
CATS Motors hints on introduced Dodge Caliber soon...