New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Prototypes are already out for the niche vehicle Daihatsu Copen.

This car brimming with lots of character is expected to retail at around $15K or around the price of a Mitsubishi Mirage GLS or Toyota Vios 1.3J, Dig?

Powered by a KF-VET 660cc Turbocharged DOHC 12Valve 3 cyl mated to either 5 speed manual or 7 speed CVT automatic.

27 more pics here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5193410&type=1

If TMPI is currently selling Daihatsu based vehicles such as the Wigo and Avanza, should they also sell the Copen here as their entry sports car?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    if they will bring it here sa pinas and the price range is nasa mirage , vios price range lang
    i think bebenta to!

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post

If TMPI is currently selling Daihatsu based vehicles such as the Wigo and Avanza, should they also sell the Copen here as their entry sports car?
    may available ba na LHD nito?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We get the Wigo and Avanza because they're ASEAN-made.

If we get the Copen here, it will be completely JDM. Unless the JPEPA already covers low-displacement motors, I'd expect that $15k to more or less compe out to just under 1m... maybe 900k.

I could see some people going for it. Toyota would have to rebadge it as a Toyota, first.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    東京モーターショー2013 コンセプトカープロモーション映像 KOPEN future inclu…: http://youtu.be/zca6Lv4PW8M

I really like this car...

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Lousiest sports car I ever seen. Kahit na bago may rear drum brakes pa rin?? In fact, all Daihatsus have rear drums. Have they ever heard of 4 wheel disc?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I prefer the new Miata. So cool!

2015 Daihatsu Copen (the affordable roadster)