New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    That auto tranny car has been with my uncle for several years now ( I can attest that it has one hell of an airconditioning unit, very coooold). No major problems arised except for the periodic changing of the wear and tear parts. So my aunt, one day, decided to drive it after a long hiatus (she has been working in far flung places) to do some errands. She started it and when she was about to back up, the coolant warning indicator lit up and beeped. She stopped the car, put water and started the engine, still it beeped, did the same thing again, this time the engine gave out a grinding sound and couldn't start. She calls a neighbor, he checks the engine, she tells him that she put some water, their neighbor asked where, she pointed to the engine. The helpful man couldn't help but be shocked. There goes the engine...what they did after all that, they drained the engine, lo and behold, they got more than half a pail of muck and water. Now it is just parked in their garage, engine waiting to be overhauled. Just happened 2 days ago, now I have to be wary of ads where cars are advertised as "lady driven". No offense to the ladies but I guess some women just drive and go, and don't do periodic checkups on their cars. My mom drives a car but it's me who check everything or take it to the shop when its time for its PMS. Another, my lady cousin who is very busy drives a suzuki esteem wagon, when another cousin borrowed the car and took it for an oil change, they had a hard time opening the hood, it took 2 men and four hands to lift the hood, they found out that the hinges were rusty why? My cousin found out that the last oil change was about a year ago (Based on the manual notes) and the hood has not been opened since! She drives that car everyday! . True enough, the oil has turned into sticky varnish and they had to drain it and flush it. Oh well....any car horror stories you might share?:D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sus!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas gusto ko pa itong company-driven car ko. Kahit may paso ng sigarilyo. Sagana naman sa maintenance ang parating OEM parts ang ginagamit. Sakin nga lang ata nakatikim ng replacement ito, eh. Pati mga wiper OEM ang ginagamit na pamalit nung law office that used to own it. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kahit "lady driven" basta "well maintained" by competent mechanics...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lady driven?

no thank you... after starting up the car, drive agad ang mga yan! full blast ng aircon and radio pa! kawawang engine!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depends...tama si sir rodcarolino..
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    wala kayo sa uncle ko meron siya rav 4 yung 4 door pag pinandar niya bukas na agad ang aircon tapos ginagawang dyip nasa 2nd gear agad tapos pag may lubak daretso daretso lang parang walang nakita kahit nga humps eh para kang lagi nasa bundok pag nakasakay

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hmmm...sana nga me local na org that tests cars *on our roads* no? Ung foreign car ratings kc most probably take place on well-paved roads eh.

i actually read an article somewhere na woman in general are talagang directionally and mechanically-challenged(and apathetic, it seems)...but you gotta admit, they do make life more interesting ;).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lady driven baka minsan bungi na mga gear dahil minsan hindi sagad ang tapak sa clutch

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not all lady-driven cars are that bad.. ;)

pero kawawa naman yung mga sasakyan sa mga kuwento dito..
    i feel horrible for the vehicles..
    Last edited by wreckless; August 25th, 2003 at 07:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Daewoo Racer Story