New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Hi there, if there's anyone who owns a daewoo (matiz, espero, racer, cielo, tico, any daewoo-brand car), please post your pics here. Please let me know if anyone owns a daewoo car. Thank you for your consideration.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    i guess this forum section does not really move.. just noticed the post and am also looking for daewoo owners to get info on some fixes..

I do own a daewoo car under repair..

Mine turns off when i downshift to 2nd gear. been wondering why...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi guys, I've been reading alot of downsides when buying an old daewoo car. Meron kasi akong friend, he's selling his daewoo racer to me for 100k... The car looks good to me, and kasama na dun sound system na kumakalabog, and custom tires. Over all maganda naman... But still, nag dadalawang isip ako dahil sa sobrang hirap mag hanap ng parts for daewoo. So far so good, maganda pa naman hatak nun. But guys, anu sa tingin nyo? Yun lang problem ko, parts...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonadvance View Post
    But guys, anu sa tingin nyo? Yun lang problem ko, parts...
    If you're buying a 2nd hand car out of warranty parts and maintenance are a critical factor.

Don't buy it if it will be difficult to maintain or buy parts.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^yup, baka better to get another 2nd hand ride and just buy the sound system and tires from your friend.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    *yakult and cablespy, Thank you po mga sirs, nag search kasi ako sa net before ko buy yung car, and kalalabasan mahirap talagang maghanap ng parts para sa daewoo cars like racer, mabuti kung toyota yan hehe. Thanks po!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Nako, mahirap na maghanap ng owner ng daewoo today. Very minimal na lang yan sa kalsada. Anyways, di pa ko nakakakita ng daewoo for a month. ata.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    CA: if your friend is selling you his/her daewoo car it's maybe because he/she are getting problems when it comes to parts. Maybe you should get a car that parts' are really cheap and abundant.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonadvance View Post
    Hi guys, I've been reading alot of downsides when buying an old daewoo car. Meron kasi akong friend, he's selling his daewoo racer to me for 100k... The car looks good to me, and kasama na dun sound system na kumakalabog, and custom tires. Over all maganda naman... But still, nag dadalawang isip ako dahil sa sobrang hirap mag hanap ng parts for daewoo. So far so good, maganda pa naman hatak nun. But guys, anu sa tingin nyo? Yun lang problem ko, parts...
    My lola owns a Daewoo Racer and maintaining it has been a nightmare. It was bought brand new in 1995 and it has a km reading of less than 100k - this is because it has spent more time in the repair shop than on the road. Aside from always having problems, the parts are soooooo hard to find which makes the repair time even longer. This car is seldom used and yet its problems are that of a beat up/nilaspag/pinabayaan car. It overheated when it was only a month old, this should give you an idea of it's "dependability". We attempted to sell it in 2005 and the buyer bargained for 40k .

I agree to what the other posters have said, if it's the sound set up that you want, just buy it and forget about the car.

I'm just curious, did your friend tell you that the car is in good condition? I find that hard to believe for a Daewoo Racer.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I have a daewoo espero. if you have problem about the parts of daewoo cars, you don't have to worry there are many parts available, you can go to banawe look the frontier, k mobis, and hybrid auto care parts. you can go to cavite near sm bacoor and even in pasay the goodgear you can buy there, but if you have a good budget why not go to the casa of chevy, daewoo and chevy are all under the GM motors, you can get some parts there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast