New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    during grade school 1980 Toyota corolla liftback 1.6 with 2T engine 5 speed plate (NLE-157) then Nissan Sentra 1.5 SGX 5 speed manual (PKF-110)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    double post

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Willy's 4X4 from Malabon na naikwento lang sa kin dahil wala pa ko isip
    Ford Falcon na 2-door with 6 cylinder in-line nung 70's - natatandaan ko pa pero di pa ko nag-aaral ha?
    76 Toyota Corolla and Mitsubishi Colt Lancer L-Type (both yellow na ginawang taxi nung 80's) hinayang ako dito sa L-type na toh!
    81 Toyota Corolla Liftback with 1.6 2T and DX with 1.3 4K
    82 Ford Econovan with 1.6 Mazda gasoline engine (grabe tagtag nito with 12" double rear tires )

dito ko nasanay sa tagtag

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    72 Opel Rekord
    74? Datsun 200C
    78 Toyota Crown
    81 Datsun 180B 2 door
    Mercedes w115
    Mercedes w123

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    It's curious...there was only one mention of the box type Mitsubishi Lancer...when in the mid 80s it was probably the only car you could buy after the demise of Ford Philippines and Delta Motors.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Hmmm . . . I remember that time we have a Ford Telstar hatch back, but this was before my elemntary days. During grade school days we have a maroon '96 Isuzu LS pick-up (LCS-753) and a Toyota corolla SE limited (LCV-???). This was where we are still living on mindanao.

When we transferred here in Manila we bought a 1993(?) Nissan Sentra ECCS and a 1999 Hyundai Starex. Followed by the 2 Trooper, an altis and an E150.

I miss them, especially the telstar. Digital panel etc . . . .

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ronallandottk View Post
    It's curious...there was only one mention of the box type Mitsubishi Lancer...when in the mid 80s it was probably the only car you could buy after the demise of Ford Philippines and Delta Motors.
    Maybe the guys here were in elementary school before martial law.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    In the 70's my Dad used to be a med rep for Doctor's Pharma which he had the "doublemint gum" green beetle.

When he became vice president for Xerox Philippines he bought his first brand new car in the form of the Corolla SR (2 door coupe) in brown.

So far here is what I recall from his stable:

Volkswagen Brasilia
    Holden Torana
    MB 123
    Chevy LUV pick-up
    Toyota Macho Machine

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    1. nakita ko sa mga family pix: 4x4 willys MB white 3 speed (wala pako nun around 70s) 2.2li gas willys engine

2. going around with my dad (when i was still at prep school): short wheelbase na jeepney. animan lang ang sakay. i remember parating "umiipit" ung kambyo. parati kami naii-stuck up ng tatay ko nun. diesel engine mated to a tranny ng willys. ganun talaga sakit ng mga naunang tranny ng mga willys.

3. M38A1 civilian type. same engine and tranny pa rin with #1.

4. nagkaroon din kami ng 6 wheeler truck na inuunti-unting inassemble ng tatay ko. 4ba1. horse-nose ang cab. sintibay ng adobe yun. hanggang ngaun buhay pa pero palit na yung cab. all-around hauling yun. lupa, bakal at pati bahay kubo parang meryenda lang ng makina.

5. wrangler type jeep na saturn engine. buhay pa rin ngayon. at dito ako nagpraktis sa pagkutingting ng brakes, carb, suspension at tune-up thru the supervision of my master (tatay)

kung napansin ninyo e halos military style mga naging sasakyan namin. unipormado kasi tatay ko nun. retired na ngaun.

sa ngaun i drive a pick-up at caretaker ng isang restored 1944 willys MB na pagmamayari ng biyenan.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Si ermats kinwento sakin nung 1970s daw meron silang tailfin type na kotse, ang tawag nila ngayon tsikots ni batman.
    Not sure if it's Ford or Cadillac since she wouldn't know ... And they had a Fierra too

Grade school days:
    Toyota Corona (1980s, yung pang-taxi)

Company service cars ni erpats (papalit-palit):
    Lancer boxtype and singkit
    Kia Pride CD-5
    AE101 Corolla
    B13 Sentra (yung Lux Select)

High school days:
    Lancer boxtype and singkit
    Lancer GLI (itlog)
    Hi-Lander

College days:
    Lancer GLI (itlog) - He finally gave it to me as a HS grad gift since he got a Hilux for business,.. He gave an extra - 16s BBS mags plus EVO III body kit ... (didn't know the RICER thing that time) ... I didnt have to money to pimp it and dito ako nasanay magdrive ng mabilis (SLEX 170kph at night, no license hehe sorry po...) ... pero nung na-kickout ako yun naloko na .. hehe
    One stupid thing is that we thought it had a 1600cc engine... It only has a 1.5

Hi-Lander
    Hilux 4x2
    N16 Sentra GX

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Reminiscing...what cars did your family have when you were still in grade school?