Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    Electric flying train.

Airbus! Hehe.. 😂

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    naisip ko na tamang design equipment so man can fly safely.

It shoud be like yung posture ni magneto(xmen). Parang nagmemeditate lang and not so fast. Controlled and Balance.

Hindi pwede yung superman na taas kamay. Too aggressive.

Pinanuod ko kasi ulit days of future past. Habang tumatagal nagugustuhan ko na si magneto.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    naisip ko na tamang design equipment so man can fly safely.

It shoud be like yung posture ni magneto(xmen). Parang nagmemeditate lang and not so fast. Controlled and Balance.

Hindi pwede yung superman na taas kamay. Too aggressive.

Pinanuod ko kasi ulit days of future past. Habang tumatagal nagugustuhan ko na si magneto.
    magneto? mediator?
    it will never happen.
    magneto is loyal only to magneto.

ot.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 15th, 2018 at 08:12 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Flying cars? I hope not. I think it will forever remain a novelty or in experimental stage. Maybe it will, at most, replace or augment chartered flights or helicopters. But it’s never going to be available in mass numbers. Well, that’s my hope.

Imagine the saftey issues if we have thousands of them flying above in very close proximity. On the ground after a crash or accident, vehicles stay put. If the same thing happned in flight, well, we will have cars falling out of the sky, possibly on other cars, people’s homes, and pedestrians. Systems will have to be designed to be triple or quadruple redundant. The flight and navigation systems will have to be perfect, must be able to talk to other vehicles in the vicinity, and make correct judgments for obstacle avoidance.

GPS will be the new “road” and will also have to be improved. Accuracy should be measured in centimeters or even millimeters, not meters.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^home insurance will spike

Imagine a dumb or drunk driver parking on your roof

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Video: Filipino inventor takes 'flying car' for successful test flight
    Web Report
    Filed on September 14, 2018 | Last updated on September 14, 2018 at 04.32 pm

It's a flying car type of vehicle that uses drone technology.

After six years of working on his 'Ultralight Aircraft', a Filipino man conducted the first successful test flight of his homemade flying car. Kyxz Mendoza of Quezon City was elated to see his invention 25 feet off the ground. He shared a video of the breakthrough ion social media.

He said the 'Ultralight Aircraft' uses drone-style multi-copter technology to attain flight.

"We've been having bad weather so it took us a while after our deadline. But after two months of tuning, here it is. I hope everyone will give this vehicle a positive reaction. This was only a dream for us five years ago," UPI quoted Mendoza as saying. After the successful maiden flight, the inventor is now seeking investors to mass-produce the vehicles.

''It's like a drone car," Mendoza said. "I wanted it to be a sports car, a flying Lamborghini, maybe. The design was a trial and error process. Some materials burned up on use. Other materials didn't quite work,'' he added.

Video: Filipino inventor takes 'flying car' for successful test flight - Khaleej Times

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    "flying car" as a cheaper alternative to helicopters. yes. would be useful in delivering relief. transporting the injured. etc

but for commuting purposes to be used by the thousands. nope

8. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Madami rin siguro magiging kamote Driver ng Flying car. Unless sobrang prohibitive ang price.

But who knows. I'm sure the people of yesteryear were laughing when pioneers said the horse-driven wagon will be replaced by machines. Look at what we have now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post

But who knows. I'm sure the people of yesteryear were laughing when pioneers said the horse-driven wagon will be replaced by machines. Look at what we have now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

those who laughed back then simply didn't have the imagination.

the flying car is already technically feasible. but there are a lot of things going against it:

1) noise. we don't have the tech to cut down the noise

2) lots of wind. simple physics. to generate lift you need to suck air then push it down hard. or burn fuel like in jet/rocket. we simply don't have the sci-fi style levitation technology yet

solve those 2 problems and flying car becomes viable. but should be computer controlled. not manually flown by idiot humans

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    those who laughed back then simply didn't have the imagination.

the flying car is already technically feasible. but there are a lot of things going against it:

1) noise. we don't have the tech to cut down the noise

2) lots of wind. simple physics. to generate lift you need to suck air then push it down hard. or burn fuel like in jet/rocket. we simply don't have the sci-fi style levitation technology yet

solve those 2 problems and flying car becomes viable. but should be computer controlled. not manually flown by idiot humans
    They should make sure it doesn't stall in mid air.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Flying Cars, how soon?