New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: are there more classic, old school and muscle cars on the road?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes there are more on the road

8 44.44%
  • No there aren't more on the road. Its just the same as it always has been

4 22.22%
  • There arent any. Its all in your imagination. are you on crack?

6 33.33%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    My oldschool car sightings are a Mustang GT350 and a Camaro at Buendia, A maroon Impala at Baguio. And a Boxtype Lancer with Original Paint, Sidings and other stuff at out garage.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    BTW, Here's the Impala at Baguio.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I was just browsing the left pane here and noticed that there's an article on the 2g Mazda MX6 as a future classic. I then remembered that the Ford Probe GT is its brother and we have a neighbor at the other side of the street from us who has 3 2g Ford Probe GT's (V6).

Him with his Probe GT's. I with my 91 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo. The neighbor in the middle with his Supra Twin turbo and NSX. Another neighbor with a non-turbo Mitsu 3000GT............ Now, these cars are in addition to our daily drivers.

It occured to me that we're all following in the footsteps of those classic/V8 owners who came before us. We share the same enthusiasm as those before us did. So, my hat's off to those restorers of classic cars.... even more so.

Of course, it also means that we too will grow old someday.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 15th, 2007 at 03:29 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I was just browsing the left pane here and noticed that there's an article on the 2g Mazda MX6 as a future classic. I then remembered that the Ford Probe GT is its brother and we have a neighbor at the other side of the street from us who has 3 2g Ford Probe GT's (V6).

Him with his Probe GT's. I with my 91 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo. The neighbor in the middle with his Supra Twin turbo and NSX. Another neighbor with a non-turbo Mitsu 3000GT............ Now, these cars are in addition to our daily drivers.

It occured to me that we're all following in the footsteps of those classic/V8 owners who came before us. We share the same enthusiasm as those before us did. So, my hat's off to those restorers of classic cars.... even more so.

a very valid point. at least you arent as old as those classic people driving their steeds at your july the 4th pics...not yet. because we grow older everyday. and maybe that's why we fart more in the morning.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hey... I've always farted a lot in the morning!

RE: Future classics: The Honda Civic hatchback is a boy racer special... it'll go down in history as a special little car, but I don't know if it'll attain "classic" status.

I can see that happening to the Civic SiR or the Ford Lynx RS amongst low-priced cars, as they're more rounded packages and more satisfying in all ways... they're both high water marks for their particular models.

Amongst 80's cars, the Mitsubishi Box-Type Lancer has already attained cult status.

The Pajero Fieldmaster has already attained cult status, and it's still selling. Likewise the LC80 Toyota Landcruiser.

For expensive cars, the BMW E46 3-series... the M3 in particular, is already a guaranteed future classic. I actually never get tired of seeing that shape, and as they get older and less numerous, I think I might like to pick up 320ci or 330ci myself.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. FrankDrebin Guest
    It may be a classic car or a car itself, but I just saw a classic 80s Ford Fiera sporting its original color, pinstripes, rims, tires, tolda, etc. as in original everything.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    the first gen cRV will be a classic soon

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    marami parin akong nakikita.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    we got rid of our gen1 crv coz dami na subic gen1 crv lumalabas tapos super mura pa 300k lang.

unless its a special car...it will never be a classic..kahit bimmers or mercs hindi classics kahit luma na unless mga super duper luma na super konti lang meron

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Do you see more "old school" classics on the road now?