New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    You can say the same thing about many other marques all over that are hardly making a blip in the US, or downright failed.

By the way, the Lexus level was an analogy, in case the reader was unaware of what defects at a six sigma level meant.

Fact is, everyone is quick to jump into the it's-china-so-it-sucks bandwagon regardless whether it is based on actual experience or not.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Yeah, most Pinoys are ganyan.

Heck, my Civic FC is full of rattles everywhere, busted EPS etc.

I'm going to explore non Japs on my next vehicle purchase.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Bakit daw?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    May narinig daw nga parang scrapping sound and ayaw na magpalit ng gear.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jonski View Post
    May narinig daw nga parang scrapping sound and ayaw na magpalit ng gear.
    Yayks. Kabago bago.
    Hopefully one off lang.
    At sana libre palit transmission nung sa kapitbahay mo.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Curious ako dahil marami rami akong nakikitang small SUV nila sa daan. Checked the showroom yesterday at Centris out of curiosity, saw the MG6 sedan, sat on it, listened to the inexperienced sales person babbling whatever salestalk pinagsasabi niya pero ang naalala ko lang is 169HP at P1.1M..damn!!

I'm a hardcore japanese car fan, and up to this day and age, haven't bought a korean car. But this chinese MG 6 kinda shook me to the core. Sa 5 years warranty or 100,000km may demonyong bumubulong sa akin it's worth the risk for the reasonable price you pay. Kahit nga japanese car na CBU nasubukan ko, sirain din ang mahal pa ng price at piyesa (ehem subaru forester and 1st batch lancer EX).

Parang Nationalism nalang ang naghohold back sa akin hahaha.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Curious ako dahil marami rami akong nakikitang small SUV nila sa daan. Checked the showroom yesterday at Centris out of curiosity, saw the MG6 sedan, sat on it, listened to the inexperienced sales person babbling whatever salestalk pinagsasabi niya pero ang naalala ko lang is 169HP at P1.1M..damn!!

I'm a hardcore japanese car fan, and up to this day and age, haven't bought a korean car. But this chinese MG 6 kinda shook me to the core. Sa 5 years warranty or 100,000km may demonyong bumubulong sa akin it's worth the risk for the reasonable price you pay. Kahit nga japanese car na CBU nasubukan ko, sirain din ang mahal pa ng price at piyesa (ehem subaru forester and 1st batch lancer EX).

5 years warranty at the cost of casa maintenance price? No thanks for me.
    The brand name in the ph is new and it is carried by tcci daw.

So no promises we will seen it after 10 years.

If you feel lucky, go for it since you like it naman eh.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post

Same here. My father and I checked the car at MG BF Parañaque and were very impressed with the car's features and looks. The price is also very attractive, it's almost like buying the performance and features of 1.7M cars for half-a-million less.

Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    5 years warranty at the cost of casa maintenance price? No thanks for me.
    The brand name in the ph is new and it is carried by tcci daw.

So no promises we will seen it after 10 years.

If you feel lucky, go for it since you like it naman eh.

That's also my biggest concern in making a purchase decision. If I remember it right, Chery Motors was able to sell a handful of cars back in 2008 that was plagued with so many problems. And then the company just disappeared leaving so many buyers disgruntled.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    ^ It's up to the experience of its distributor if they can cope up with the after-sales of the car brand. Mukhang kaya naman ng TCCCI i-handle ang MG...yung Geely, promising yung pagbabalik niya now that yung coolray has some volvo architecture in it, pero medyo bago yung humahawak sa Geely dito.

Sent from my ASUS_Z011D using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    The MG ZS is really piquing my interest/curiosity.

I know it isnt a frugal car, but actual am pleased after reading ancap (4star) and euro ncap {3star) report. It isn't great/stellar, but for what you expect at the minimum in safety, it is there.

Tried to go to mg eton over the weekend, sadly, no parking nearby and there was the sunday market in the back while it was raining. Didn't want to walk from the multilevel parking to showroom in the rain just to see the car.

Maybe next time.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    The MG ZS is really piquing my interest/curiosity.

I know it isnt a frugal car, but actual am pleased after reading ancap (4star) and euro ncap {3star) report. It isn't great/stellar, but for what you expect at the minimum in safety, it is there.

Tried to go to mg eton over the weekend, sadly, no parking nearby and there was the sunday market in the back while it was raining. Didn't want to walk from the multilevel parking to showroom in the rain just to see the car.

Maybe next time.
    was really considering the ZS a few months ago, especially after seeing it in person. interior materials are really nice. great space and features for the price.

sadly, pass na muna kami sa chinese cars. we owned a qq for 7 yrs. although we didn't have any major issues (only once was it undriveable nung bumigay yung crankshaft pulley), parts and service were really hard to find. simpleng air filter, online ko lang nahanap. ayaw galawin ng mga mekaniko kasi di raw nila kabisado. di makapag alignment kasi wala raw setting for chinese cars sa computers. even 13" tires were limited to chinese brands haha tapos nagsara pa lahat ng service centers.

of course, iba naman ang MG/SAIC + TCCCI vs Chery + Iseway/MB Santiago. still, it would take a lot for them to convince us na it's not another qq in the making. di lang dealership ang kelangan nila i-strengthen. pati outside support like auto supply and repair shops. yes, it may mean some lost revenue for TCCCI on service and parts, pero makakabawi naman siguro sila sa sales volume and return customers.

siguro pag nakita ko na yung MG logo sa mga signs ng tabi tabing auto supply shops, tsaka ako mapapabili ng MG.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    was really considering the ZS a few months ago, especially after seeing it in person. interior materials are really nice. great space and features for the price.

sadly, pass na muna kami sa chinese cars. we owned a qq for 7 yrs. although we didn't have any major issues (only once was it undriveable nung bumigay yung crankshaft pulley), parts and service were really hard to find. simpleng air filter, online ko lang nahanap. ayaw galawin ng mga mekaniko kasi di raw nila kabisado. di makapag alignment kasi wala raw setting for chinese cars sa computers. even 13" tires were limited to chinese brands haha tapos nagsara pa lahat ng service centers.

of course, iba naman ang MG/SAIC + TCCCI vs Chery + Iseway/MB Santiago. still, it would take a lot for them to convince us na it's not another qq in the making. di lang dealership ang kelangan nila i-strengthen. pati outside support like auto supply and repair shops. yes, it may mean some lost revenue for TCCCI on service and parts, pero makakabawi naman siguro sila sa sales volume and return customers.

siguro pag nakita ko na yung MG logo sa mga signs ng tabi tabing auto supply shops, tsaka ako mapapabili ng MG.
    Yup. I do have the same concerns in terms of parts availability and once out of warranty and no longer serviced by casa, would a trusted mechanic/talyer even want to touch it/work on it.

For now, I am curious and interested. I have also been looking through some videos on youtube and didn't know that there was actually a 1.0 Turbo Petrol Version (Apparently the Engine and I think transmission is sourced from GM) as the 1.5L is usually what they offer on base trims only. It also looks like some markets are expecting to get MG ZS Electric later in the year, so that is also interesting to see.

But, like most, I'm a patient guy who is in no rush to buy one.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
MG (Morris Garages) - anyone here who owns one?