New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MAXUS PH TO EXPAND PRODUCT LINE-UP WITH NEW 8-SEATER COMPACT MPV | Inquirer Mobility

Maxus PH will launch the G50 eight-seater MPV in Q3 of 2020 | TopGear PH

No word on the specifics on this MPV just yet, but just to give you an idea of what may come, the G50 in other markets gets multiple engine options. One is a turbocharged 1.3-liter mill mated to a six-speed manual that generates 163hp and 230Nm, while the other is a 1.5-liter turbo with a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission configuration that’s capable of 169hp and 250Nm.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    all gas lineup? and this is pitted against the Innova? Baka Mitsu Zinger mangyari dito.

Marketing and pricing would be a key factor here. If priced at Xpander and Ertiga levels , may laban to.

pwede.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Nobody's buying a Chinese car except Chinese.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    pati yata chinese, hindi rin...
    their service vehicles appear to be all hi-aces and urvans...
    heh heh.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    all gas lineup? and this is pitted against the Innova? Baka Mitsu Zinger mangyari dito.

Marketing and pricing would be a key factor here. If priced at Xpander and Ertiga levels , may laban to.
    Technically... Yung Xpander is also pitted against the Innova...

About pricing, namamahalan ako sa Xpander...

If same size sa Ertiga tapos lower priced, then it will be a good option

Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Yan din sana sasabihin ko... kaso if you look at newer threads asking about 1M range car suggestions... puro Geely and MG and makikita mo.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    wow...size of an Innova...

I think masyadong maliit yung 1.5L

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    wow...size of an Innova...

I think masyadong maliit yung 1.5L

That’s a 1.5L turbo gas engine. Its 169hp/250Nm output is much more potent than the 2.0L gas NA engine of the Innova rated at 136hp/183Nm. The base model 1.3L turbo gas is even more powerful at 163hp/230Nm than the anemic 2.0L Toyota engine.

The CRV in the US is powered by the same 1.5L turbo gas engine used on the Civic RS and Accord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; June 27th, 2020 at 01:00 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    About pricing, namamahalan ako sa Xpander...
    Padded ang pricing ng Xpander. Hindi ko alam bakit, para siguro may leeway ang dealer.

Pero kung may serious buyer inquiry, may "discounted" price:

Xpander GLS: 999K
    Ertiga GLX: 998K

Pantay sila sa price at features halos.
    Sa base models siguro lamang ang Ertiga.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sana MG nalang nag release ng G50, since SAIC sells the same models using the MG and Maxus brands.

MG's releases have been good value in terms of pricing and features. That's why MG has outsold some brands. The pricing of the Maxus vehicles released have followed the VW Philippines formula - always bank on the Ayala connection, and priced not that competitively, plus specs at par or even under the more established competition.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by moipogi View Post
    Sana MG nalang nag release ng G50, since SAIC sells the same models using the MG and Maxus brands.

MG's releases have been good value in terms of pricing and features. That's why MG has outsold some brands. The pricing of the Maxus vehicles released have followed the VW Philippines formula - always bank on the Ayala connection, and priced not that competitively, plus specs at par or even under the more established competition.

i agree with you the styling looks good to me but the price ughh! priced not to sell!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast