New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Haval coming back to PH with hybrid lineup?

If you are from Australia, you have probably heard of the brand Haval, which has its actual roots in China. Haval is a subsidiary of Great Wall Motors and was one of the companies that brought the SUV craze to the People’s Republic back in 2002. They have been building on that momentum ever since.

The Haval Jolion maybe roaming our streets soon image

Fast-forward to 2022 and the brand might be finally touching our shores once more and may even release a crossover soon. That SUV is the Jolion, which will supposedly be one of the models the brand wants to bring here.

According to insider information, an importer is intent on bringing it in to be sold in the country. Specifically, they're looking at the hybrid model.

Based on initial specs, the vehicle measures 4472mm, 1841mm wide, and 1619mm tall. This puts the Jolion in the segment that includes Geely Coolray, Toyota Corolla Cross, Honda HR-V, and even the Ford Territory.

The Jolion will have a turbocharged 1.5-liter engine assisted by an electric motor. The 1.6 kWh lithium-ion battery pack is charged through regenerative braking and by the internal combustion engine, making it a self-charging hybrid. This will be paired to either a 6-speed manual or a 7-speed DCT.

The Haval Jolion maybe roaming our streets soon image

We have to wait for the local version to get the complete details but so far we like what we see. As people have now become more gas/diesel conscious but still don’t wanna go full electric, hybrids are the way to go. This may be a great intro to the brand as we already have GWM here. Could this be their second wind? We will soon find out.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    I still can't get over the name

Other than the ubiquitous "HABAL HABAL," the word "HABAL" or "GA HABAL" in cebuano means f__king

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    looks good.. ang tanong.. magkano? and also pano service nyan.. unless mag setup sila nang network of casas.. mahihirapan sila ibenta yan..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    looks good.. ang tanong.. magkano? and also pano service nyan.. unless mag setup sila nang network of casas.. mahihirapan sila ibenta yan..
    the one million peso question!
    makakabili bako nang piyezas nito sa taurus?

conversely,
    having my pms done at their casa, and seeing only myself in there...
    certainly not very re-assuring...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    I still can't get over the name

Other than the ubiquitous "HABAL HABAL," the word "HABAL" or "GA HABAL" in cebuano means f__king
    me as well. sabihin ng ibang tao sa mga naka Haval, is "HABAL HABAL kayo diyan!" lalo na if these were TNVS.