New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Does it beat your fxt's nvh? How does it absorb road imperfections? Which color did your senior get btw? What's the maintenance Intervals?
    It rides softer than the FXT but it is nimbler due to its size. It rides lower to the ground unlike the Fozzie which feels like you’re driving over the road. More like the ASX but it is much quicker than the ASX.

He got the white one. As per dealer, PMS is every 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    One of my senior staff just told me this morning that he just bought the Geely Coolray and he wants me to give it a try. Of course, I obliged. I was the one who told him about it and I didn't expect he'll buy one right away.

All I can say is that I was really impressed with the Coolray. I could not fathom the fact that this car is priced like a usual base compact (1.1M). The car I tested was the TOTL model and Geely gives a 90k discount on it so you can bring it home for 1.108M. After my short test drive, I feel like the Ecosport or HRV or Vitara or ASX don't stand up to it. The XV may have the Subaru AWD system but the Coolray will outpace it, not to mention all the high-tech features on its cabin. The dashboard menu on my 2016 FXT feels old compared to the dashboard of the Coolray. The dashboard color and ambient lighting change color depending on its drive setting (Normal - Yellow, Econ - Blue, Sport - Red). The infotainment system is a nice touch screen monitor like a small tablet but the coolest feature is the active 360* camera display.

On to the drive, the 1.5L 3-cylinder engine idles at 1k rpm as expected in a small displacement turbo engine. The good insulation keeps most of the sound away but you know the engine purrs in front. The turbo engine has a bit of turbo lag but you'd feel the torque pull at 2k rpm. On Sport setting, the car will squeel its front tires on a rapid launch and you'd be off scooting to 60kmh in a few seconds. Reviews state a sub 8 seconds 0-100kmh sprint but I did not have enough open road to try it. As expected of a small crossover, it drives more like a compact car but the Coolray has stock 18" Continental tires that offer a good amount of grip. I was weaving thru BGC traffic with ease and with some pace leaving some slow-moving cars as I was trying to catch green lights. Records state a 175hp peak output at just just over 5k rpm but an open highway will test how much speed it can do.

Except for its brand name, I guess the Coolray is one good package. If you're the type who's not brand-conscious but sees more merit in what the car can offer, you will be happy driving home one.
    It's a Volvo w/o its logo.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    It's a Volvo w/o its logo.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    The Coolray is based off the Volvo/Geely CMA platform to which the XC40 and Lynk also belongs.

On a different note, the 7-speed DCT is smooth with not much of the clanky feel associated with dual-clutch trannies when running at low gears.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    actual engine of XC40?

Quite impressed with the fit and finish of the interiors from the base model to S, except with the inner door handle which looks quite fragile. Looking forward in test driving this.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleman View Post
    actual engine of XC40?

Quite impressed with the fit and finish of the interiors from the base model to S, except with the inner door handle which looks quite fragile. Looking forward in test driving this.
    The XC40 has various engine options but I am not sure if the XC40 with the 3-cylinder 1.5L turbo gas option has similarities with the one used by Geely on the Coolray.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    It rides softer than the FXT but it is nimbler due to its size. It rides lower to the ground unlike the Fozzie which feels like you’re driving over the road. More like the ASX but it is much quicker than the ASX.

He got the white one. As per dealer, PMS is every 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmm a white one appears lol

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Coolray really has the best interior in its price range - the good design is one thing but more importantly the fit and finish is closer to a Japanese car than a Chinese car.

If I were in the market with a 1.1M budget, I'd risk the brand and go for this. If there's one car that would change buyers' perceptions about Chinese cars, it's this.

Now if only it had better tires...wtf is Linglong?

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Coolray really has the best interior in its price range - the good design is one thing but more importantly the fit and finish is closer to a Japanese car than a Chinese car.

If I were in the market with a 1.1M budget, I'd risk the brand and go for this. If there's one car that would change buyers' perceptions about Chinese cars, it's this.

Now if only it had better tires...wtf is Linglong?

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    Honestly kung napa-aga lang release nito, I would have gotten this instead of my Civic FC 1.8E. It has all my needs and wants except for Android Auto. But it's a good trade-off, I guess.

RE: LINGLONG
    'Mura' naman daw ng SRP, so kung concerned talaga, it's an easy swap.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The XC40 has various engine options but I am not sure if the XC40 with the 3-cylinder 1.5L turbo gas option has similarities with the one used by Geely on the Coolray.
    The XC40 uses the same engine in a lower state of tune. It may get upgraded to the Coolray tune and the 7-DCT later this year.

(back from the dead)

(back to lurker mode)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Geely Cars