New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    hindi ba nagkaroon ng 8thgen sa kanila?

i guess malaki pa din siguro demand ng 8thgen sa kanila.
    Last edited by foifoi05; May 2nd, 2012 at 10:06 AM.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^China did have Honda 8th gen Civic, but it had USDM look instead of the JDM look of the Ciimo.

Its just like what MMPC is doing here in the Philippines. Selling the previous generation 8th gen Lancer Cedia, along side the 9th gen. Lancer EX. But in China, Honda had its joint venture partner, DongFeng, to continue production but to be sold under another badge. It is indicated that this is for the Chinese market only.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I do't know if there's already existing thread about this Donfeng Motors, (if there's already I just let the moderators to merge it).

just sourced out from TOPGEAR.PH --Chinese-made. Very original.

okay, here it is they said another Chinese motor brand got to release soon (or they already released it?) this Civic FD copycat, oh sorry not a copycat, they said it was blessed by Honda, what can you say about this? Trustworthy or what?

hmmm.....seems legit.

Honda eyes new models, strong growth in China | 4-Traders

for those who don't like the current CBU Honda Civic, now you have an option, CBU as in Chinese Build Unit FD...

(to the mod: paki-palitan naman po yung "DONFIENG" to "DONFENG", nagkamali ako e. Thanks.)
    Last edited by zap.FREEDOM; May 4th, 2012 at 08:49 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dongfeng's all-new CIIMO is an 8th-gen Civic in disguise
    Words by Jose Carlo Roberto R. Sapera | Photos courtesy of Dongfeng Honda Automobile Co. Ltd.

Though better known for making affordable multi-purpose commercial vehicles and heavy machineries, Dongfeng Motor Corporation (DFMC) is actually also responsible for manufacturing Honda's (among the other brands) for the Chinese market. And benefiting from the partnership with the Japanese automaker, DFMC recently unveiled their own version of the 8th Generation Civic, called the CIIMO.

The source of the CIIMO's exterior design is no mystery. From bumper to bumper, it's obviously just the same compact sedan that was previously sold in Japan and other ASEAN countries. And even with the new circular badges front and rear, and the now body-colored window pillars, the CIIMO is really bad at disguising itself as something new....

LINK FOR MORE: Dongfeng's all-new CIIMO is an 8th-gen Civic in disguise
    SOURCE: Dongfeng's all-new CIIMO is an 8th-gen Civic in disguise

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    ^ thank's GH, for getting the proper link.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Another rip-off. What else is new?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Another rip-off. What else is new?
    How is a rebadged Civic a rip-off?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Dongfeng is the assembler of Honda cars in China. All Chinese Honda's bear the Dongfeng Honda badge, much like Haima and Mazda's previous relationship I suppose. I'd say they transferred the old Civic mold to their local Chinese assembler so that it wouldn't go to waste. The FD is still a very competent and modern car anyway. Now I wonder what will happen if they bring this here and sell it for subcompact prices? Hmm~~~

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Benta nila yan dito na mas mura sa 1.3L City! Then folks will be buying this, change the emblems and the steering wheel...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Dongfeng is the assembler of Honda cars in China. All Chinese Honda's bear the Dongfeng Honda badge, much like Haima and Mazda's previous relationship I suppose. I'd say they transferred the old Civic mold to their local Chinese assembler so that it wouldn't go to waste. The FD is still a very competent and modern car anyway. Now I wonder what will happen if they bring this here and sell it for subcompact prices? Hmm~~~

makakakita na ako ng FD na taxi, if ever

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast