New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Dongfeng-Honda has introduced the Ciimo sedan specifically for the Chinese market – if the shape in the photos look familiar, it is; the Ciimo is pretty much the eight-generation Civic, repackaged for China.

The car – which made its debut in Beijing – is available in only one engine variant form, this being the 1.8 litre i-VTEC, mated to either a five-speed manual or five-speed auto transmission. Kit includes ABS with EBD and active headrests.

Pricing for the Ciimo begins from 111,800 Yuan, and word is that the Ciimo name won’t just be worn on this one, but rather on a series of models as it becomes a sub-brand. Reports indicate that a SUV based on the CR-V is next on the cards.

Dongfeng-Honda Ciimo – an 8th-gen Civic for China

The Chinese doing what they do best. Reverse Engineer something then reproduce it. Or in this case, simply photocopy the blueprints from Honda Motors and voila, the CIIMO!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    At least they don't have the ugly 9th gen, or do they?

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^Not yet. But soon to follow. Hinihintay lang daw nila yung facelift para yung ang kokopyahin nila :D

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ :rofl01:

The only difference I can see from that photocopied Civic from the legit one are: China has 1 exhaust tip vs. 2 & interior, especially the dashboard looks different from the original one.

5. Join Date
    May 2005

I don't own a FD, but the dashboard on this on looks a bit odd. Correct me if I'm wrong but something doesn't look right.

Fugly two spoke steering wheel they ripped off from the USDM.

More pics to nitpick at:

˼ÃúͼƬ_˼Ãú_Æû³µÍ¼¿â_Æû³µÖ®¼Ò

¡¾Ë¼ÃúͼƬ¡¿¶«·ç±¾Ìï˼Ãú˼ÃúͼƬ´óÈ«(¸ßÇå)_̫ƽÑóÆ û³µÍø

¡¾2012¿î ˼Ãú 1.8 1.8L ATͼƬ¡¿Æû³µÍ¼Æ¬_Æû³µµãÆÀÍø

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It's just rebranding/rebadging. It's every bit a 100% authentic Honda Civic.. dashboard and all. They just changed the emblem and steering wheel, along with a few other details as far as I can see.
    Last edited by oj88; May 1st, 2012 at 12:42 AM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup.

Don't see why the hate... they actually paid to use the name and engineering.

Lest we forget, that's how the Koreans started, also... and look at them now... while the current Civic is getting bashed to death in the US press, the Elantra has won four independent car-of-the-year titles...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    +1.

its actually a good thing. you can now source body parts for FD in china.. cheaper na.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    uhmmm.

eto ba pwedeng gawing taxi pag meron sa atin?
    - - -
    nasa range ng 690K up..
    Last edited by KERSMcRae; May 1st, 2012 at 10:19 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Magwawala [H] peeps diyan. :hysterical:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast