New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hi guys, been quite a while since i last posted.

just want to know if you have any feedback/reviews on CM8
    the van that looks like a small innova

thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hello sir...

Yes it does look like an Innova. I have driven the van and it's got reasonable comfort in the first and second row, the noticeable thing I noticed while driving it was the steering wheel. It feels plastic. hehehe... But another serious note, the steering is also slightly bent horizontally (tested the unit in WTC, A/T), the engine is noisy and slow (much like Suzuki Carry, the gears were designed for low speeds but it pulls the car to cruising speeds along with 8 passengers on board), and the aircon was way better than the Benni. I can't comment on the brakes though but the body roll was pretty evident just by staring it. For family use, the CM8's 3rd row is strictly for the kids, the Star II and the Star Light models were way better in terms of versatility. Sadly, they don't come in luxurious packages but I recommend these models more than the CM8. Just bling it up.

For now, expect Chinese cars having poor flexible plastics, thin steel which might translate to poor crumple zones (or none). And you also have to risk for durability and reliability since we know Chinese products to be a little questionable for now.

The CM8 is no exeption.

If you really want one like there is no other car for your heart. Then go for it.

Hope this helps you sir.
    iam3739.com

Chana CM8 Reviews