New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Hello fellow tsikoters, i need some pieces of advise. Today night, as i chatted with my wife, she told me something about our new ride. She went to a car washed station for washing her switchblade silver. It happens that a retired marine colonel was there for washing his 2015 Fortuner (both cars are standing side by side).

The Colonel relayed his concern about the color of the tint. He said that the tint color all around is too light. There could be a safety issue since the person setting inside is easily visible from the sides. Because of that conversation, we realized that there was something wrong with the tint. Unfortunately, I am here overseas when the unit was delivered in my home at around 9PM. Tor sure, there is a human mistake at the time of installation.

Now, here is my concern. Can I request the dealership to replace my tint since we have requested the full dark at the sides. Secondly, the tint that was installed has no 3M mark. So, I believed that the tint they (dealership) installed is not 3M.

Just a sort of comparison. I attached a photo of my TBZ and old Ford Explorer.
    11830776_1157387007609721_1608491745_n.jpg

292603_473907959290418_1378274933_n.jpg Ford Explorer with full dark tint.

Thanks for your advise...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jesqatar View Post
    Hello fellow tsikoters, i need some pieces of advise. Today night, as i chatted with my wife, she told me something about our new ride. She went to a car washed station for washing her switchblade silver. It happens that a retired marine colonel was there for washing his 2015 Fortuner (both cars are standing side by side).

The Colonel relayed his concern about the color of the tint. He said that the tint color all around is too light. There could be a safety issue since the person setting inside is easily visible from the sides. Because of that conversation, we realized that there was something wrong with the tint. Unfortunately, I am here overseas when the unit was delivered in my home at around 9PM. Tor sure, there is a human mistake at the time of installation.

Now, here is my concern. Can I request the dealership to replace my tint since we have requested the full dark at the sides. Secondly, the tint that was installed has no 3M mark. So, I believed that the tint they (dealership) installed is not 3M.

Just a sort of comparison. I attached a photo of my TBZ and old Ford Explorer.
    11830776_1157387007609721_1608491745_n.jpg

292603_473907959290418_1378274933_n.jpg Ford Explorer with full dark tint.

Thanks for your advise...
    If on your receipt you paid for a 3M brand and full dark tint you should go back to the dealer, suggest you make a formal complaint on letter and have them receive it, this will be useful as date reference in the event the dealer tries to delay any response and later will claim it is out of warranty.

If the dealer does not take any action on your complaint, use the letter as evidense and file complaint at DTI or consumer welfare desk.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Afaik, dealer tints don't really have a 3m mark on their tints but they are also 3m..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    No experirnce sa chevy dealerships but with toyota dealerships, ang "DARK" tint nila is just the same as medium tint sa labas. Sabi nung ahente ko, ganun lang daw talaga ang tint na pwede nila install. Bawal daw sobrang dark. Dont know if he is lying but all 5 agents from diffent dealerships i ordered units from are saying the same.

As for your new car, check the invoice. Nakalagay dun kung anong tint ang nilagay. Kung 3M daw, dapat may mark. If not, fake yan and you need to have them replaced.

From my experience sa toyota, platinum or gila ang tint sa windows pero ang front windshield lang ang 3M. Naka indicate naman ito sa resibo

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Tints on both vehicles look the same to me. Both too dark.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    or maybe the "colonel" is trying to hit on your wife. I mean, I don't go around in carwashes telling other owners that their tints are too light. LOL. Sounds fishy to me.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It would help if people stopped describing tint as 'light, medium, dark, or super dark'. This can become a subjective remark, in that, people may perceive dark and super dark to be just the same, etc.

Just go for the actual tint model designation. For example, most 3M tints that dealers offer for free are the 3M FX ST series. There's usually a number after that (ie. FX ST 35). The number is the Visible Light Transmission (VLT). In other words, it's the percentage of light getting through. The lower the number, the darker the tint.

Now going back, is it indicated in any of the documents what tint was supposed to have been installed? In my car's sales invoice (Toyota), it was indicated.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ask your wife is it really "too light"? Maybe the "retired col" saw your tint while the doors are open, naturally it will look not as dark. Also tell your wife not to entertain strangers, a simple reply will do and that was it.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Go back to the dealer, they have samples of what you have requested to be installed. Compare.
    And yes, you can see the 3M mark.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    If on your receipt you paid for a 3M brand and full dark tint you should go back to the dealer, suggest you make a formal complaint on letter and have them receive it, this will be useful as date reference in the event the dealer tries to delay any response and later will claim it is out of warranty.

If the dealer does not take any action on your complaint, use the letter as evidense and file complaint at DTI or consumer welfare desk.
    Appreciated sir and noted. we will check the invoice. Anyway, we have our schedule for 1st PMS this coming December. So, at that time we will launched a complain. I will let somebody also to check the tint to make sure before filing a complaint.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post

Appreciated sir and noted. we will check the invoice. Anyway, we have our schedule for 1st PMS this coming December. So, at that time we will launched a complain. I will let somebody also to check the tint to make sure before filing a complaint.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast