New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    hey guys.. has anyone upgraded their lights to HIDs yet? i've been getting mixed answers as to the type of bulbs in the international forums.
    i'm not too sure if its H7 for both headlights and fog lamps. can anyone confirm this please. much thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    sir, headlight bulb of cruze H4 type

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DOC Cruze View Post
    hey guys.. has anyone upgraded their lights to HIDs yet? i've been getting mixed answers as to the type of bulbs in the international forums.
    i'm not too sure if its H7 for both headlights and fog lamps. can anyone confirm this please. much thanks!
    Sir Doc Cruze, la ba sa manual or sa may casing ng headlight? Usually kasi indicated yan dyan.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Ferdinand View Post
    sir, headlight bulb of cruze H4 type
    thanks. i read posts that the headlights are h4 but i asked chevy and they told me that the headlights are h7 while the fogs are h8... so which is which?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    the H4 is for high and low bulb, combined function inside the bulb pinagsama ang high and low sa isang bulb, the H7 is single function bulb high lang ang function or low beam lang, ang headlight po ng cruze pag tinignan natin isa lang po siya, at may kasama siya park light bulb, so ang function ng bulb ng cruze is high and low bulb.

puede naman natin siya tangalin para maging sigurado, mas madali matangal ang RH headlight bulb ng cruze ( point of ref. kung nakaupo ka sa driver seat ), tangalin muna and connector, next ang rubber cover, inside the headlight may clip na nakaharang or lock para sa headlight, press it papasok para matangal lang sa lock ng bulb ( warning : do not touch the bulb, kasi madali mapunde ang bulb pag may maiwan na moisture lalo na fingerprint, make sure lang na mapunasan maige before mo ibalik, use alcohol para mawala ang moisture), pag natangal na ang bulb you can inspect it sa may side ng bulb kung ano type siya, may makikita ka na 60/55w, brand and type.

hope this can help...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    H4 - Headlights
    H8 - foglights

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DOC Cruze View Post
    thanks. i read posts that the headlights are h4 but i asked chevy and they told me that the headlights are h7 while the fogs are h8... so which is which?
    The guy who told you that the headlights are H7 is incompetent. It's obviously not H7 since H7 is a single beam bulb.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Ferdinand View Post
    the H4 is for high and low bulb, combined function inside the bulb pinagsama ang high and low sa isang bulb, the H7 is single function bulb high lang ang function or low beam lang, ang headlight po ng cruze pag tinignan natin isa lang po siya, at may kasama siya park light bulb, so ang function ng bulb ng cruze is high and low bulb.

puede naman natin siya tangalin para maging sigurado, mas madali matangal ang RH headlight bulb ng cruze ( point of ref. kung nakaupo ka sa driver seat ), tangalin muna and connector, next ang rubber cover, inside the headlight may clip na nakaharang or lock para sa headlight, press it papasok para matangal lang sa lock ng bulb ( warning : do not touch the bulb, kasi madali mapunde ang bulb pag may maiwan na moisture lalo na fingerprint, make sure lang na mapunasan maige before mo ibalik, use alcohol para mawala ang moisture), pag natangal na ang bulb you can inspect it sa may side ng bulb kung ano type siya, may makikita ka na 60/55w, brand and type.

hope this can help...
    thanks for your very detailed reply. it's a big help. funny how this forum is more helpful then the main plant of chevy here.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    H4 - Headlights
    H8 - foglights
    thankyou sir! i think it really is h4 and not h7 as the people from chevy mistakenly told me..

10. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    The guy who told you that the headlights are H7 is incompetent. It's obviously not H7 since H7 is a single beam bulb.
    i got the info from the chevy plant or at least that's what the dealer told me.. maybe they should read these forums.. thanks for the help.

what type of bulbs for the cruze?