New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    Naalala ko yung Daewoo Racer, mid-90's. Dami rin naengganyo bumili nun. Then Daewoo Motors went belly up, and owners were left in the cold.
    Before Daewoo ran into financial trouble and got recued by GM, a big part of Daewoo's problem in the country was also with its local distributor, Transfarm & Co. Supposedly the tie-up between Transfarm and Chrysler(before CATS Motors took over) affected the relation between Transfarm and Daewoo.
    The Covenant Car Company Inc. (Chevrolet Philippines) so far has proven to be a much more respectable/credible company.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vvti2.0 View Post
    Bili ka. Convince yourself. Mukha ka ng fanboy.

Sent from my SM-A710Y using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    haha maybe when i saw there pickup truck, it was a beauty =)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by pctechphcom View Post
    haha maybe when i saw there pickup truck, it was a beauty =)
    Wala nagsabi pangit ang SUV and pickup nila, yung pwedeng mangyari sa aftersales support nila at spare parts nila ang inaalala.

Tanong, pano na rin yung spin nila na totally out of production na? Alangan mag lagay ka pa ng assembly line nyan for spare parts specifically for spin only na iilan lang naman nagawa? It is only good kung yung parts ng spin ay pwede mo i-cross reference sa ibang unit nila or sa future production cars nila.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Tanong, pano na rin yung spin nila na totally out of production na? Alangan mag lagay ka pa ng assembly line nyan for spare parts specifically for spin only na iilan lang naman nagawa? It is only good kung yung parts ng spin ay pwede mo i-cross reference sa ibang unit nila or sa future production cars nila.
    Official word from "The Covenant Car Company Inc." (Chevrolet Philippines) "Warranty terms and spare parts availability will remain unchanged."

In general, parts that don't age are usually manufactured in large quantities during the vehicle's production run (they have extra parts that will last them several years).
    Parts that age or wear out (which are usually made by parts suppliers) continue to be manufactured (usually in smaller volumes) after the vehicle's production run ends.

If you think about it whether a specific model has a direct replacement or not, a model out of production is still a model out of production.
    For example doesn't an out-of-production previous generation Civic or Vios still have spare parts?
    Last edited by AG4; April 25th, 2017 at 05:22 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Wala nagsabi pangit ang SUV and pickup nila, yung pwedeng mangyari sa aftersales support nila at spare parts nila ang inaalala.

try mo sa teamchevy

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Official word from "The Covenant Car Company Inc." (Chevrolet Philippines) "Warranty terms and spare parts availability will remain unchanged."

In general, parts that don't age are usually manufactured in large quantities during the vehicle's production run (they have extra parts that will last them several years).
    Parts that age or wear out (which are usually made by parts suppliers) continue to be manufactured (usually in smaller volumes) after the vehicle's production run ends.

If you think about it whether a specific model has a direct replacement or not, a model out of production is still a model out of production.
    For example doesn't an out-of-production previous generation Civic or Vios still have spare parts?
    spare parts yes... in thailand.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    spare parts yes... in thailand.
    The spare parts for these CBU vehicles are ordered from outside the country (either by the casa or third party shop), same case with most mainstream Japanese-branded vehicles which are imported from Thailand or Indonesia.
    Some parts/items are stocked in local warehouses which are sent to the respective dealership.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    chevy phs local inventory is small compared to toyota or mitsu or even honda or nissan.

if chevy sells a few hundred units per month. they probably require maintenance parts but what about repair necessitated spare parts?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by pctechphcom View Post
    i guess kotse binili mo =) if you want high resale value you should go for a pickup truck or suv or anything useful to business like l300 dahil mas mabilis mag depreciate ang kotse
    have no qualms about their trailblazer and colorado line-up. for me, it's good that they have those to add choices to the popular workhorse vehicles segment. but naman, bakit naman mas mahal pa sa fortuner yun trailblazer. Look at Isuzu, they were too proud before with their Alterra, singmahal or mas mahal pa sa previous gen Monteros and Forts. so hayun nilangaw. now Isuzu learned their lesson, their MUX is selling like hotcakes given the intense competition of these car segments.

how come Chevy still thinks they are BMW or Benz or whatever they think they look they are, just because they're American company.

The trailblazer can be a durable vehicle pero kung ang news na nagsasara mga planta nila, eh durability almost equates to parts availability. and then mahal pa acquisition cost. talong-talo talaga.

sometimes, in business you have to go out from you cozy offices and see what's really happening outside sa demographic na binebentahan mo. eh hindi ko alam kung anong mundo ginagalawan ng mga Chevy executives dito. are they in denial ba or what? or are they satisfied with the sales numbers, if it's the latter then so be it. basta ako i will not be part of that statistic.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post

i can think of a lot of parts na napakahirap i-source out like for example you mga blower resistor motors or even the complex circuity of their automatic climate control aircons. so for those who own the spin top-of-the line version, are they assured that they will have parts for their climate control in the years to come. dun pa lang nakakaawa na kalagayan ng Spin owners. what an unfortunate bunch

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast