New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    i bought my cruze last oct 5 sa pasig. after 2 weeks, we heard this ticking sounds like the sound of thermostat while the car was parked in our garage with engine on. what's not normal about it, at first, every 3 secs ung sounds then palagi nang after every 10 sec. Casa said normal daw un. crap!!! normal ba un? why after 2 weeks ko narinig un? the foreman from alabang used his laptop at may communication problem daw. reset lang daw pero di nakuha. leadman naman from pasig, insisted na normal un. meaning di sila pareho ng diagnosis. another thing, may buzzing sound inside the car even if the car's engine is off. normal na naman daw un. hi and lo daw ng compressor. panay ang palusot until sinabi nila sa akin na bago kasing modelo at ngayon pa lang daw nila napapag-aralan ang cruze.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    although not a Cruze, parang parehas tayo ng Adventure ko, when I park it in the garage and engine is off, may ticking sounds, parang mga 3 seconds nga ang interval. siguro after ilang minutes mawawala na.

I don't find it very unusual although yung isang sasakyan ko wala namang ganun hehe.

best bet to check your car is sa casa, problema ayun, katulad ng nabanggit mo TS, incompetent ang mga ito hehe. as of now, hayaan mo lang muna until "maybe" they can pinpoint the problem. enjoy your ride lang.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by anjmarce View Post
    i bought my cruze last oct 5 sa pasig. after 2 weeks, we heard this ticking sounds like the sound of thermostat while the car was parked in our garage with engine on. what's not normal about it, at first, every 3 secs ung sounds then palagi nang after every 10 sec. Casa said normal daw un. crap!!! normal ba un? why after 2 weeks ko narinig un? the foreman from alabang used his laptop at may communication problem daw. reset lang daw pero di nakuha. leadman naman from pasig, insisted na normal un. meaning di sila pareho ng diagnosis. another thing, may buzzing sound inside the car even if the car's engine is off. normal na naman daw un. hi and lo daw ng compressor. panay ang palusot until sinabi nila sa akin na bago kasing modelo at ngayon pa lang daw nila napapag-aralan ang cruze.
    This is beginning to be a pattern, even if that is the case(ie being new and all), this unacceptable from the consumer's point of view. TCCI should have expert mechanics/engineers from GM(Asia or wherever is appropriate) to assist during the 1st year of a product launch or the very least train (local)senior engineers/mechanics then train the rest of the crew. It's more than a face palm moment to the clients that the people they thought can help them can only mutter "doh?!"
    Last edited by bonskijr; October 27th, 2010 at 06:13 PM. Reason: revised

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Trial and error ba yan?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    meron din sa optra ko niyan. nagtataka nga ako e.. sa may rear part yun sa optra.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    I have this din. may nagsabi sa akin pag lumalamig na yung dinadaanan ng exhaust and hindi sabay yung paglamig ng mga bakal kaya tumutunog. kahit nung bnew pa sya meron na, until now andun pa din. wala namang issue with it.

ticking and buzzing sounds