New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's the reason why Daewoo died in the first place. Poor quality and build control, as well as poor servicing. It didn't help that their previous lineup borrowed heavily from Opel's budget division, as most of those cars are servicing nightmares, too.

GM's reputation for after-sales service is really bad in the US. They usually finish near the bottom of customer survey lists in terms of reliability, too.

The new Optra is experiencing a lot of problems. Even C! Magazine, who tout the Optra as a true Altis alternative, admit that they: 1. Have a gas-consumption problem, and 2. Have had to replace their battery twice within the year.

The only mechanical/electrical problem I've had with my Ford within the year is a blown fuse for an indicator light. The only casa-time my Lynx has seen has been my fault.

It's sad for a brand that is trying to build a regional identity that Chevy is saddled with Daewoo's baggage. Add to that the fact that their "premium" sedan (the Lumina) is almost as old as me... well...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    crap crap crap!!!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i don't know, for me i think GM often overlooked their QA since they are the worlds largest manufacturer. they have many subsidiaries (Opel, Vauxhall, Daewoo, Isuzu, Chevorlet, Buick, etc). and was implementing 'badge engineering' (or what the hell it means).

however, there is always a room for improvement.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    gearspeed, naku..ang mura naman nun..sayang naman..pero mahirap talagang i-dis-courage yung mga gusto talagang bumili..di kaya madaming lemon? so poor quality control din on their part..
    Oo nga eh ang mura meron pa nga tumatawad dito sa amin sa alabang na kung pwede 430,000 na lang hindi na kami pumayag dapat 500thou kaso mukhang malabo.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    tingin ko palpak service ng GM d2 kasi mahal ang parts, kung naging sing-mura or
    mas mura pa sa Toyota parts ng GM d2 sigurado dami na naka-optra ngaun hehehe

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I see so many optra now a days, i am still wondering if these people are having some bad experiences with it as i do. But I do own a 03' A/T optra and from my experience the worst is the fuel economy. you really have to drive it economically to get around 7-8km/L. build quality is still not up to japanese sedan standards but is quite ok for me. I only had a very few nags, like the loose cup holders and that you have to periodically check the battery fluid because it seems to drain fairly fast even if used everyday. The good thing with the GM battery is that you can easily check the battery level via a glass viewer in the middle of the battery. Plus the 6 disc changer is already full of errors.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by gearspeed
    Oo nga eh ang mura meron pa nga tumatawad dito sa amin sa alabang na kung pwede 430,000 na lang hindi na kami pumayag dapat 500thou kaso mukhang malabo.
    buyer's market kasi..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    guys at the showroom told me that this new batch of optra 1.6 06 model comes from thailand. Does Daewoo have a plant in thailand? I have to wait for some new comments on the 06 model bfore i decide not 2 consider optra. I appreciate your comments and would appreciate more if u can provide me an updated evaluation of this model. thanks a lot.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's Korean engineered, but the Thai plant is the final assembly point. AFAIK, Thai handiwork is just about as good or a little less than Filipino (Filipino assembled cars have won JDPower's initial quality awards, BUT Thai assembles the Jazz/City).

If you're talking about the cosmetic facelift model, likely, all the same complaints will still hold true, unless they changed what's under the hood.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Sayang naman ang optra. They're marketting it aggressively pero sana they back it up with quality. Sana the 2006 model answers these quality issues na.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
So, What's The Deal With Chevrolet Optra and Aveo?