New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    pointing directions in forums help many...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I beg your pardon lol

Btt: 4x4 tb ltz ba or kahit 4x2 tb lang which is either l, lt or ltx? Btw, when it comes to hp and torque ratings may difference yung 2013 at 2014 models.

Yung 2.8 na 2013 has 180hp/470nm while the 2014 has 200hp/500nm.

Yung 2.5 na 2013 naman which is for m/t lang has 150hp/350nm while the 2014 has 163hp/380nm, which is similar to the 4jj1-tc ng 2016 mu-x at d-max.

Yung updated model makikita mo duramax na badge na nakalagay sa may doors instead of the trailblazer badge, which i think looks better than the former one. Mas tahimik na rin daw yung updated engine compared to the older one.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JMS12 View Post
    bagay na bagay yan sayo lalo nakasuot ka amerikana at naka shade matching malakas na sounds at mabagal na takbo.. galing tapos madami ka pa followers Pano ba bumili ng 2nd Hand Trailblazer? Pano ba bumili ng 2nd Hand Trailblazer? Pano ba bumili ng 2nd Hand Trailblazer?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    actually ang plano ko lang naman isuot eh yun mga damit ng Uniqlo, some cotton coats and tapos mga oxford polo nila and skinny pants

di kasi ako pwede bumili sa marks spencers debenham na yan kahit na American, yun small bukod na sa hindi fitting, eh medium na sa uniqlo yun

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    ^^May budget naman daw sya for repairs and maintenance if ever eh kasi "real estate" daw atsaka ipapagamit lang naman sa iba kaya ok lang daw sa kanya yun.
    actually will be handed down to my team later on

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [QUOTE;2885371]I beg your pardon lol

Btt: 4x4 tb ltz ba or kahit 4x2 tb lang which is either l, lt or ltx? Btw, when it comes to hp and torque ratings may difference yung 2013 at 2014 models.

Yung 2.5 na 2013 naman which is for m/t lang has 150hp/350nm while the 2014 has 163hp/380nm, which is similar to the 4jj1-tc ng 2016 mu-x at d-max.

Yung updated model makikita mo duramax na badge na nakalagay sa may doors instead of the trailblazer badge, which i think looks better than the former one. Mas tahimik na rin daw yung updated engine compared to the older one.[/QUOTE]

interesting data.
    but in this instance, i think is akin to throwing pearls to swine.
    from what i understand, carpy isn't interested in the engine. it could be a daihatsu 3 cylinder, for all he cares.
    what he is after, is the external ungas look, para may arrive!
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 15th, 2017 at 11:20 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    [QUOTE;2885371]I beg your pardon lol

Yung updated model makikita mo duramax na badge na nakalagay sa may doors instead of the trailblazer badge, which i think looks better than the former one. Mas tahimik na rin daw yung updated engine compared to the older one.

interesting data.
    but in this instance, i think is akin to throwing pearls to swine.
    from what i understand, carpy isn't interested in the engine. it could be a daihatsu 3 cylinder, for all he cares.
    what he is after, is the external ungas look, para may arrive!
    heh heh.[/QUOTE]
    He wants to be unique daw kaya he's after the american badges. Sabi daw rito dati mukhang old safeguard logo daw yung emblem ng chevy haha.

If he's just after the badge, then i would suggest this.

Maporma parin kahit papaano lol.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    nice crowswind!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    im planning to get a used TBZ for trips to nearby provinces in the next two years. our company is gonna scout for sale lands eh

what are the things I should look out for or watch out for a Trailblazer. any known weaknesses, suspension parts, engine quirks, etc...

and also what if I say facelift it myself, palitan ko yun buong harapan ng previous face to the current face. will this possible as cosmetics lang or may ibang placement ang mga windshield wipers, radiators etc. company budget is for an adventure lang kasi pero I'm trying to influence purchase to get a used trailblazer instead. why? eh real estate eh tapos haharap ka sa owners, naka-adventure. this company of mine kahit marketing company pulpol talaga sa presentation and image building eh kaya lang yun lang budget. I'm gonna pay for the facelift kung doable naman.

im gonna get this

then turn into this

Buying a secondhand car requires a lot of experience, skills needed to buy a diesel car is different from buying a petrol car.

Bring a very good diesel mechanic, bring an OBD2 scanner if you can borrow one.

Even if this is a 2014 model, it pays to be thorough in your inspection.

Some tips, but not even half of what you need to check:
    1 Use an OBD check scanner
    2 Over clean engine bay too good to be true, may be hiding leaks
    3 Check engine bay alignment, should be straight vs crashes
    4 Check underneath the engine, for leaks
    5 check engine coolant, clear bright color... Not oily, else engine gasket leak
    6 Check brake fluid tank for leaks or low levels
    7 Power steering tank, clear bright color, good level
    8 check engine oil , underneath the oil cap... frothy milkshake like oil is sign of gasket leak, check also inside of engine hole, check also the dipstick... vs metal parts, check also ATF dipstick
    9 check hoses and belts vs bulging, cracks, brittleness, leaks... intake manifold hose vs oil!
    10 Cool the engine, START and watch exhaust ... vs blue smoke (valve seal leaking to combustion chamber, worn piston rings)... then rev the car... vs white smoke (head gasket leak)
    11 Back to engine bay, START the car, watch engine shake, too much... engine support is worn out , then check for leaks again... while engine running... vs pressure leaks
    12 Open oil cap which engine running, check vs pulsating air or vacuum or smoke... vs blow by, worn piston rings
    13 Check for excessive engine vibrations, erratic idling, no loud ticks
    14 Repeat engine checks in both hot and cold engine
    15 Listen as car is shut vs shaking and noise. Close hood... does it close well?

Did i already say bring a diesel mechanic?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I believe a facelift is doable, the same way many 1st gen Fortuners change their front fascia and taillights to look like the later facelifts. Its just that with this facelift, they changed even the dashboard design, and that is not as easy to get. If you run into car-savvy clients, you also risk turning out to be "trying hard", which does not help boost the company image at all. Might as well leave it as is and assume a nonchalant attitude about the car.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GTi; October 16th, 2017 at 10:37 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I believe a facelift is doable, the same way many 1st gen Fortuners change their front fascia and taillights to look like the later facelifts. Its just that with this facelift, they changed even the dashboard design, and that is not as easy to get. If you run into car-savvy clients, you also risk turning out to be "trying hard", which does not help the boost the company image at all. Might as well leave it as is and assume a nonchalant attitude about the car.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    i browsed thru tbz club and wala nag mod ng harap...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast