New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    i know meron ng mga threads dito nito but i need a straight answer oz my wife is considering to buy one. okey ba ang optra? diba magastos sa gas to? pls help me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Straight answer.

I wouldn't get an Optra. Ang daming ibang better choices eh. The new Civic, Mazda 3 and Focus (hatch ha!).

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yes andaming ibang choices, you would get much better value for money with the other choices like Bry pointed out.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    pwede po paki list kung bakit pangit and optra kasi ang misis ko yung looks lang ang tinitignan eh. pls. pls. pls. tnx

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Magastos would depend on your definition of 'magastos'. How many kms/L do you expect to get out of this? This is compact sedan so don't expect subcompact (Vios, Jazz, etc.) fuel economy out of it. However, relatively speaking, it is said to consume more fuel than some of the vehicles in its class also.

If you just need an appliance car, there are indeed better choices.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Tell your wife not to be deceive by looks. Best if you could help her check the reviews here. May oras pa para pigilan mo sya.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    not to mention the optra is old compared to the civic, mz3 and focus.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Don't mind me he he he...... But your wife's taste in looks is funny...... The 3 cars I have mentioned above looks waaay better than the Optra.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rage1018 View Post
    i know meron ng mga threads dito nito but i need a straight answer oz my wife is considering to buy one. okey ba ang optra? diba magastos sa gas to? pls help me.
    The Optra's fuel consumption has been improved, new models have the updated ECU.

The 1.6 L starts at P668K while the LS with an Airbag, ABS, five 3-point seatbelts starts at P738K... all models have 4-wheel disc brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bry
    I wouldn't get an Optra. Ang daming ibang better choices eh. The new Civic, Mazda 3 and Focus (hatch ha!).
    I guess this also depends on the budget, since all these other cars cost more than the equivalent Optra.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    the only thing going for the optra is the price. below 700k for a 1.6L vehicle is not bad at all.

although to be honest for under 700k i'd be looking at the matrix CRDi or the kia rio. pareho din naman silang korean car (and the matrix is a pininfarina-on-a-bad-day too!) dun ka na sa panalo na korean (hyundai), rather than the bankrupt na korean (daewoo).

the 1.6L AT optra at 738k is perilously close to mazda3 territory. personally kung sa 738k vs 767k dun na ako sa mazda3. at least Proudly Philippine Made pa. although of course the 738k optra has ABS and the 767k mazda3 does not.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
optra help