New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Guys need your advice,

My Optra suffered a blown radiator a couple of months ago. Had the radiator overhauled. But now sounds are coming from the engine everytime press on the gas.

After use, the engine radiates extreme heat (but its not from overheating, radiator is working fine) it sometimes has an effect on airconditioning.

I am assuming that something happened with the block due to the first overheating.

What can you advice me to do (the obvious thing is to bring it to Chevy) but some of you might have had the same experience as me.

Share your experience and advice pls.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Maybe the water pump? eventhough ok pa siya pero maingay lang ang bearing.....sooner or later, magleak na siya at baka mag-overheat ka uli...

Pacheck mo water pump, baka kailangan na palitan...

Just my 1 peso...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why not bring it to shops like SPEEDYFIX and SPEEDLAB and have them have a look at your engine bay?

It wouldn't hurt and potentially cheaper than going to the casa where the people there would charge you an arm & leg for replacing entire portions of your car yet not get to the source of the problem.

Speedyfix http://www.speedyfixph.com/

Speedlab http://www.speedlab.com.ph/

They might also have a fix for your hot under hood temperatures as well.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by orion8888 View Post
    Guys need your advice,

My Optra suffered a blown radiator a couple of months ago. Had the radiator overhauled. But now sounds are coming from the engine everytime press on the gas.

After use, the engine radiates extreme heat (but its not from overheating, radiator is working fine) it sometimes has an effect on airconditioning.

I am assuming that something happened with the block due to the first overheating.

What can you advice me to do (the obvious thing is to bring it to Chevy) but some of you might have had the same experience as me.

Share your experience and advice pls.

Thanks!

sir anong year na yung optra nyo? saka magkano pa ayos nyo ng radiator nyo? same here owner ako ng 06 optra LS

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Good sir alm ninyo ang problma lang sa cooling bleeding system lang, ng return cap may bleeding nipple diyan para umabas ang air sa engine block

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    *weszt
    Mura lang yung pa overhaul. 2.5k+ lang. Meron sa may philcoa kung malapit ka.

*gmd
    Sir, thanks sa advice, san banda sya sir? kaya ba DIY yan?

Thanks so much!!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by orion8888 View Post
    *weszt
    Mura lang yung pa overhaul. 2.5k+ lang. Meron sa may philcoa kung malapit ka.

*gmd
    Sir, thanks sa advice, san banda sya sir? kaya ba DIY yan?

Thanks so much!!
    orion888

update mo kami sa progress ng problems mo ah.. anong year model nung sayo?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    2004 1.6 LS. Sige sir, update ko to, kaso feeling ko mahabang proseso to.

Tnx!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    palitan mo na rin yung thermostat housing. kasi plastic yan, darating ang panahon bibigay yan. palitan mo ng steel na housing para mas matibay.
    may nabasa na kasi ako dito sa chevy thread na ganyan nangyari.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    palitan mo na rin yung thermostat housing. kasi plastic yan, darating ang panahon bibigay yan. palitan mo ng steel na housing para mas matibay.
    may nabasa na kasi ako dito sa chevy thread na ganyan nangyari.
    yes, correct me available na ngang steel version.

But I prefer to use the plastic para puputok cya once overheated,
    otherwise sa block ang punta ng overheating which is mas magastos
    pag sa block.

well, just my opinion kase plastic pa rin ang kinabit kong replacement rather than the steel...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Optra 1.6 LS Engine Heat