New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by raquino View Post
    Used Motolite Gold DIN 66 for my Captiva as replacement, advised by Motolite, lasted only 14 months lesser than it's warranty of 18 months. No available replacement from Motolite in Dagupan City that time when it stopped working, reverse kasi ang terminals. Ang pinalit sa akin is Delkor brand, so far so good. Though the CCA is lower than the original Delkor ng car ko ok naman ang starting niya kahit sa Baguio na malamig.
    Motolite gold is good for 21 months afaik.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Most batteries in a tropical climate will only last about 24 months max, heat kill them AC Delco batteries are not Tropicalized for the Philippines so they will have a shorter life. But most most others will still only last 24 to 30 months before they need to be replaced.

The other big killer is vibration, poor roads also cut way down on battery life, that's why electrical vehicles in the Philippines is not a good ideal.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Most batteries in a tropical climate will only last about 24 months max, heat kill them AC Delco batteries are not Tropicalized for the Philippines so they will have a shorter life. But most most others will still only last 24 to 30 months before they need to be replaced.

The other big killer is vibration, poor roads also cut way down on battery life, that's why electrical vehicles in the Philippines is not a good ideal.
    Our Ford Focus Trend's OEM DIN 44 Motolite Gold lasted almost 4 years. The current Motolite Gold in the car is 19 months old.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    ok ba itong Delkor na nakakabit sa spark? mga gaano katagal kaya ito bago palitan?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Sabi sa akin nung salesman nila 2 years warranty ang AC Delco.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung AC Delco sa Suburban namin before, halos every year and a half yata yung pagpalit.

The OEM battery on my 07 Altis (Outlast) lasted 4 years and i just changed it since it was emitting too much acid, ruining my engine bay finish near the battery.

How are the OEM GS batteries nowadays? This came standard on the Thailand made Corolla i just got.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    DELKOR is a good brand... maganda ratings niyan in terms of CCA, AH, RC.... actually that brands is better than motolite or outlast...

im assuming that those people who said that their motolite batteries lasted more than the warranty period did not really put the battery to maximum use... the number of starts and deep cycling plus the mileage the battery was used in terms of exposure to heat affects the service life...

example a battery that was used twice during a day for going to office and going home in the afternoon will last loner than a battery that is used to start 5 times a day due to frequent small trips and travels longer during the hottest hours of the day...

the battery killer is sulfation,,, a natural process in producing electricity with automotive batteries but is accelerated during vibrations, heat and deep cycle...

kung meh budget,, the best batteries are Optima....

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Yung AC Delco sa Suburban namin before, halos every year and a half yata yung pagpalit.

The OEM battery on my 07 Altis (Outlast) lasted 4 years and i just changed it since it was emitting too much acid, ruining my engine bay finish near the battery.

How are the OEM GS batteries nowadays? This came standard on the Thailand made Corolla i just got.
    have you tried motolite in your suburban? im having the same dilemma. Wanted to try motolite but warranty is only 21 months and is 500 peso higher than a 24 months warranty ac delco.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    walandyo! bakit hindi extended ang warranty ng AC Delco?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've had bad experiences with Motolite Gold. Twice na replace under warranty yung kinabit sa Pajero ko. And another one gave in immediately after warranty.

The best pa rin sa experience ko yung Excel. Bad trip lang laging walang stock dito sa amin.
    Signature

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
No to AC DELCO!!!