New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I'm planning to buy a 2008 model CHEVROLET OPTRA 1.6 LS - (automatic) millage 8000 for 448,000. do you think this is a good buy? remata from the owner. under siya ng Bank.

can you guys give me a feedback in terms of serviceability and durability of this chevy unit. how about the km/l of this unit. i have a long list of cars for sale by the bank hopefully ill make the right choice.

please add me on ym for fast advice rave_kyle*yahoo.com

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Don't buy it, buy the new Cruze instead
    Last edited by daimengrui; March 31st, 2010 at 03:24 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    since i also drive an optra, my advice to you is this: DONT BUY IT

the car will randomly break down on you. ive had all sorts of problems from brakes getting stuck, headlights or brake lights that just stop working for no reason, an aircon compressor that suddenly died, shock absorbers that spontaneously sprung a leak, and even a clutch pedal that won't stop squeaking no matter what you do.

we've had to spend so much more on repairs for this car compared to our other vehicles. and most other optra owners will tell you the same thing. it looks like a good deal because its cheap, but trust me, you're better off buying another car. yung matitipid mo, gagastusin mo lang din sa pagpapagawa. ma-hahassle ka pa.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Benchboy08 View Post
    I'm planning to buy a 2008 model CHEVROLET OPTRA 1.6 LS - (automatic) millage 8000 for 448,000. do you think this is a good buy? remata from the owner. under siya ng Bank.

can you guys give me a feedback in terms of serviceability and durability of this chevy unit. how about the km/l of this unit. i have a long list of cars for sale by the bank hopefully ill make the right choice.

please add me on ym for fast advice rave_kyle*yahoo.com
    always prepare yourself for any part replacement when buying a used car. if repossed, mostly nai-stock ito sa warehouse ng bank. and consider also the chevy's maintenance/part's price.

kung we will be talking of driving performance, most specially its handling, superb sakin ang optra in its class. i have a 2004 optra which until now is in perfect running condition. i just replaced my air compressor in 78k mileage which suppose to be change by 60k of mileage.

if you will be buying that optra, check the 2 fans. when stocked, mostly one is down so you'go over heating.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    It's a gas guzzler. My agent owns one. 7Km/L

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    sir advice ko wag na wag kang bibili ng chevrolet.malakas na sa gas at mahal pa maintenance.binenta ko ung 2006 chevy optra 1.6 a/t ko for 310k 27ktm pa nga lang.ung fuel pump palang sa casa 12k na nun bumili ako sa labas 2k lang kasama na installation..parang jaguar at audi magconsume yan chevy optra.sakit sa ulo...fuel consumption ko lang around 5km/l

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I use to drive a Chevy Optra and my advice is: Don't Buy it.

Eto lang ang naging car ko na namamatay ang makina kahit automatic transimission (Kala ko dati hindi tumitirik kapag automatic). Nagpalit na din kami ng fuel pump kasi nasira agad pero ganon pa din at namamatay pa din ang makina kapag bagong start. Ilang beses na namin pina check sa casa pero wala silang makitang ibang sira. Kaya binenta nalang namin kasi sakit lang ng ulo.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Don't buy it. Unless you want to burn your money big time.

The cost for it's maintenance is too high yet it gives you poor fuel consumption one reason is it's heavy body but despite that it's speed is still above average.

Some parts that needs replacement will cost you an arm and you'll still wait for weeks before that certain part to arrive. Tsk.

Lemme borrow a line from SG ... Chevrolet Optra - drives like a 1.6 drinks like a 2.0

Yes it is CHEAP to buy but it isn't cheap TO RUN. :nono:

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Lemme borrow a line from SG ... Chevrolet Optra - drives like a 1.6 drinks like a 2.0
    Tama.

eto yung ginawa kong signature sa Chevrolet club noon haha

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    masakit nga sa ulo ang optra ayon sa angcomment at sa ibang thread same din na ayaw nila at ayaw nila ang optra..di sakin ang car na optra sa uncle ko 1year pa lang sa kanya sira agad ng fuel pump..yun pa lang naman sira na major laking gastos...recently lang sabi niya may knock sound daw sa likod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Need Advice on buying Chevy Optra.