New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I bought a bnew chevrolet optra 1.6 a/t last december 16, 2003, after a day i got it, i returned back to the casa coz i heard some wierd noises while stepping on the brakes when i put it on D, after going back 2-3 times to the casa, they finally found the problem and replaced the alternator, after about a week, i observed that the brake pedals and stirring wheel starts to squeek and fuel consumption is very high, i only get 5km/l, i keep going back about 2 to 3 times before they got the culprit for the squeeks but not the high fuel consumption, after about a month, brake pedals starts to squeek again, after about 2 months of my purchase, rattles started to come out, until now, the rattles are still there, after about 6 months, i went back to the casa again coz noises from the suspension can be heard when driving in rough road, so they change the hydro mount, after about a month, i notice something wrong with the engine, rpm drops when i step on the gas pedal and sometimes the engine would die(happens when engine is cold), until now they haven't found the culprit, 1 time when i was in school, the car wont start so i have to call them and service my car inside the school, they replaced the fuel pump because they said it was already busted, and i always get engine knock even if i use petron blaze, and they blame that on me because they said maybe the gasoline station i frequent have dirty tanks, so, after a year of problems, i had to bite the bullet and sell the car cheap, i was dissapointed that GM, the largest automobile maker, has a very bad build quality, reliability and after sales service, now, the general manager of GM autoworld cebu don't even like to greet me anymore, nice service GM!!! i hope there are some people here in GMPh that can read this so that they would know how their car is, and from now on, i swear il never buy another GM in my whole life!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmmmmmnnnnn bakit kaya yung mga officemates ko na may optra wala naman reklamo? dapat nagpa-change unit ka na lang.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    mazdamazda, tnx for the link but i already sent a letter of complaint to GMPh but still no action

jim, baka lucky lang ang mga officemates mo kasi i have friends who are having trouble with their optra too, i drove the optra back to the casa a day after i got it and requested for another unit, but to no avail

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm..siguro suzuki lang bibilhin ko sa GM pero mga korean rebadge. no way.
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

The Optra isn't really a "chevy" its a rebadged Daewoo, and you know what Daewoo's reputation is... My neighbor also has an Optra, don't know if they had problems with it.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    u get wat u pay for, although not all optras have problems but i heard enough horror stories to stay far away from one

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    oh n kaya cguro ganyan yan cos of its lame tv commercial, maybe the ad has hidden meaning that the car is also lame lol jst kidding

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ehem ehem. My golay. Bakit naman ganyan ang Optra

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Whew! Muntik na! Muntik na talaga akong mapabili nyan! Buti na lang at nagtanong tanong ako. I heard its engine came from Daihatsu. At least kahet 2nd hand lang na car nakuha ko ala sakit sa ulo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
my lemon optra