New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Mga tol, sulit ba if ill buy a chevy sonic? expensive ba maintenance ng chevy? and di ba sirain?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    I was actually thinking of the same thing. 3weeks palang kasi sa phil market kaya wala pa siguro makakapagsabi kung ok talaga to.. unless mauna ka sir.. :D

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    dati ang issue sa chevy ay yung after sales. di ko lang sure ngayon. basa na lang kayo ng thread ng other chevy cars para may idea kayo sa after sales.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kirihara08 View Post
    Mga tol, sulit ba if ill buy a chevy sonic? expensive ba maintenance ng chevy? and di ba sirain?
    The Sonic seems ok, the initial models sold here is the top trim LTZ MT and LTZ AT models, well equipped, but comes only with a 1.4 liter engine.
    Quality has improved over the years, maintenance cost (based on the outgoing Aveo) is average, just choose a good dealership (quality of service varies).

PS: High-trim + small engine makes the P828,888 Sonic LTZ AT the 2nd most expensive 1.4 liter B-segment car here, most expensive would be the Rio 1.4 EX AT 5-door * P838K.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    saw one sa mall sometime last week. i immediately popped the hood and check its oil filter. its using cartidge type . not a fan of it as availability is limited, versus spin ons.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    dati ang issue sa chevy ay yung after sales. di ko lang sure ngayon. basa na lang kayo ng thread ng other chevy cars para may idea kayo sa after sales.
    ok na daw after sales ng chevrolet ngayon. i read their tops right now in the jd powers survey thingy right now in this sector

ano ba itsura nitong chevy sonic. ma-google nga

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ok na daw after sales ng chevrolet ngayon.
    Yep ok na daw aftersales ng chevy ngayon sabi ng SA na napagtanungan ko about spark

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    The sonic seems interesting but the experience of owning a Chevy is not worth the hassle.

Im coming from a bad experience from my Chevy Cruze natenga sa casa due to a fan relay problem - No replacement parts w/c you have to wait for weeks for the supply and the Casa was poor in handling, insensitive and albeit clueless in solving the problem.

Im also an owner of a 4.5 yr old Mazda 3 with 230k mileage which did not give me any headache except for normal wear and tear like tires and stabilizer link, shocks

My 2 cents worth is that if you want a looker and dont worry about being inconvenienced and not getting your money's worth then Chevy would be ok. Otherwise there will be many wiser choices.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lakbay888 View Post
    The sonic seems interesting but the experience of owning a Chevy is not worth the hassle.

Im coming from a bad experience from my Chevy Cruze natenga sa casa due to a fan relay problem - No replacement parts w/c you have to wait for weeks for the supply and the Casa was poor in handling, insensitive and albeit clueless in solving the problem.

Im also an owner of a 4.5 yr old Mazda 3 with 230k mileage which did not give me any headache except for normal wear and tear like tires and stabilizer link, shocks

My 2 cents worth is that if you want a looker and dont worry about being inconvenienced and not getting your money's worth then Chevy would be ok. Otherwise there will be many wiser choices.
    Lemme guess, your dealer is part of the Juno Cars group? There are a lot of good Chevy dealers out there. Quezon Avenue is one, Greenhills-EDSA is another. I also heard that Otis is also a good dealer. And one thing I've noticed, only those Chevys that are Korean built CBUs, especially the Cruze, are the ones that are problematic. I don't know with the Spark though.

The Thai built CBUs of Chevy, Captiva to be exact, seems to be running fine as per the Captiva thread. Isang Captiva owner lang doon ang nagkaroon ng matinding headache with his Captiva. The rest are happy with their Captivas.