New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Hi, i checked with Chevrolet service center if i can use E-10 on my 2003 Optra. The service rep told me that they only recommend E-10 to 2004 and newer models. When asked what will happen to my car if i try to use E-10, he said performance will dip by a significant percentage (my understanding - you need to step on the gas harder to get the normal speed you want on a non-E10 gas). I want to get opinion from folks here in the forum on their experience and thoughts on using E-10 on Optra'03 models. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I dont really know a single thing Chevrolet cars since I never owned one. All I know is as long as your car is EFi then it`s good to go with e-10. But on your case the service rep tells the other way around and if that's the case, then i suggest for you to just follow it.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    I dont really know a single thing Chevrolet cars since I never owned one. All I know is as long as your car is EFi then it`s good to go with e-10. But on your case the service rep tells the other way around and if that's the case, then i suggest for you to just follow it.
    Thanks Renzo, i'll follow service rep's suggestion (for now). I've heard many friends saying the same thing 'as long as the car is EFI then is can take in E10. I think i will try E10 when price of techron gold goes to Php 50++

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    That is true...ive been experiencing it now with my optra 05 thats why i changed already to premium gasoline coz it really affects my driving performance. You really have to step on harder for you to be able to get the normal speed. I dont recommend e10..i just switched to GOLD of calte

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    hindi recommended ang E-10 para sa optra, kakalawangin iyun loob ng fuel tank, iikli ang buhay ng fuel pump at magkakaroon ng swelling iyun fuel hose.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Mas maganda mag XCS 95 octane kana para mas maganda hatak ng sasakyan mo at matipid pa sa gasolina dahil pag apak mo sa gas mabilis agad response at hindi nasasayang ang gasolina nasusunog agad.

E-10 for Optra'03